2 days in

2 days in and find I’m eating a lot more protein than fat. Will this make a difference with weight loss? I’m 63 and my migraines have been in an uproar over this change in diet. But I really want to lose 15 pounds so I’m going to try and stick with it for awhile. 

Look forward to chatting and journeying with you all.... Judy

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There are differing opinions on this but the prevailing answer seems to be yes, definitely. You need to get your fat higher than your protein. I just watched a video yesterday with suggested that not just that every meal but at pretty much every bite that goes in your mouth, your fat should be higher than your protein. I don't know if it's that extreme, but the at every meal makes sense.  Carbs are a max, you want to stay as far below as possible. Protein is a goal, you want to try to hit it without going over it. Fat is a goal, you want to try to always hit it and if you go a little over from time to time that's okay. Increase healthy fats with avocado, avocado oil. coconut oil, coconut butter, MCT oil, olive oil, olives, nuts, nut oils, nut butters, butter, heavy whipping cream, cheese. Choose fatty cuts of meat such as poultry dark meat, pork ribs, bacon, salmon, Porterhouse New York strip steaks.  Add fats to your plate, I keep seasoned finishing butters which I add to my meat and my vegetables on the plate.

Like 2
    • Jb3
    • Jb3
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks! I’ve followed low fat all my life and am finding this to be really difficult 

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jb3 It's definitely a paradigm shift.  It hasn't been easy for me to get used to, but the results are worth it.

• Slim
    • slim
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You will be doing great if you simply eliminate bread, tortillas, rice, beans , and all grains, potatoes, pizza, pasta

carrots. It’s not easy but well worth it

• Slim
    • slim
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jb3 low fat is why many of us are here. Drop all low fat labeled foods. If you read the label they replace the fat with sugars.Keep your foods as natural as possible and cut carbs as much as you can.

• Robert N. Bryant
    • Keto Coach and Webmaster
    • Ketogenicinfo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I recommend getting fat adapted first. Increase your fat, eat avocados, eggs, olives, fish, sardines, chicken legs, thighs, and wings, beef, grass-fed butter and macadamia nuts and walnuts, flaxseed meal and chia seeds. You need to work to get your body adapted to burning fat and using fat as energy. Getting fat adapted first, then lose weight later.

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 38Views
  • 4 Following