Plateau

Hello! I need some advice. I lost 15 pounds, so exciting! BUT I have plateaued for about a month now. I may go up and down a pound but result in the same weight. I have another 15 to go! Any Advice? I think it’s time to workout?

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Theresa
    • Theresa.7
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm at the end of my second month of keto,. It seems like the first 15, pounds just flew off now I'm struggling trying to figure out why I have plateaued.

I also have considered exercise yet I have a sedentary lifestyle with my job and a back injury. Then I read this morning drinking Magic bullet coffee could stop me from losing weight

Like 1
    • KC
    • seashell_station
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

When you get to only needing 10-15lbs left in your weight loss, it will slow down. Try just having coffee for breakfast and eat lunch and dinner. That will put you in a 16 hour fast from the last time you ate, and your body will have no choice but to use your body fat as energy.

Like 3
    • teriberi
    • teriberi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same here plateau for almost a few weeks but I walk and hike a lot and I have been intermittent fasting at least 6 days a week. I got on the scale this morning and I was up almost a pound. I just keep telling myself not to grow weary in doing good. If I keep  it up the weight has to drop eventually. The thing is I have the app adjusting for my workouts and I think that’s the problem but I can’t work out and eat much less or I’ll just give up altogether.  Let’s all stay strong!!

• SusyNM
    • SusyNM
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

teriberi Are you using the scale as your only measure of success? Muscle is heavier so if you are exercising you may gain some weight but still be fitter,trimmer, and healthier.

Don't get discouraged.

Like 1
    • Jwerking
    • Jwerking
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Reading the forum and knowing that others are plateauing helps to know that you are not alone.  This is my third week and have lost about 9 lbs of which 7 lbs was in the first week.   So a bit discouraging to watch the same 1  lb go up and down - so stopped weighting myself daily as it is discouraging.   I do about 20 min of Zumba daily - which burns about 100 calories.  Keeping the calories under my 1280 goal is never a problem - but my total carbs are always over 20 - usually more like 30.  Just cannot do it.  By the time you have a serving of low carb veggies at lunch and dinner and that half and half in your morning coffee - I have reached my 20 carbs.   I really want those 3 strawberries and 6 blackberries at days end for 7 carbs - so definitely pushes me over.   To think those few berries are such a treat - low in calories, but high in carbs.

I am down to about 158 and only a few lbs away my typical chunky weight is 155 - so may just be happy to reach my standard weight.  But was hoping to get to 145, but the slow weight loss of maybe  1 lb per week is not encouraging.    If nothing else, both hubby and I do eat much smaller portions now.  Eating  half of a 1 lb steak instead of the whole thing with a med size serving of veggies - without the standard potato or rice that always went with it.

So if we can just keep our portion sizes down in the future and continue to cut back on high carbs food on a regular basis - weight gain will not be as problematic. 

Gosh, really craving a pizza and fruit now.  Don't know how much longer I can stay on my dirty keto diet.   Ugh, another diet failure - story of my life.   Never been skinny a day in my life.

• Laurie
    • Laurie.25
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jwerking , don't give up, it does get easier.  From what you wrote, if you are going over on your carbs, you will not remain in ketosis. Staying within your macros is crucial for success with this program.  I've been doing keto for 64 days now and the weight is coming off slowly.  The way I look at it is slow is better than nothing. I was hungrier in the beginning too, but now, I have to force myself to eat because I'm just not hungry.  Make sure your macros are correct, pay attention to your calorie limits, stay within the plan by using the app and give it another month. I think you'll be happy you did. 😊.

• Jwerking
    • Jwerking
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Laurie - thank you for the encouragement, just what I needed!  Luckily, when I weigh myself this week , I had lost about 3 lbs which was exactly what I needed to keep me going for awhile.  

• Laurie
    • Laurie.25
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jwerking , Yeah!! See you can do it.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 205Views
  • 10 Following