I blew it馃槥

So yesterday I was starving hungry my meals were all over the place. I ate something I thought was really low carb - it wasn鈥檛 and then I had nothing left for dinner. I ate eggs. I was still hungry - the body is not in a good place and I鈥檝e gained so I鈥檝e done something wrong. My answer to this awful feeling day - go and get one of the huge tiger bread rolls id just bought for the family and smother it in butter and eat it. It was SO good but I felt mega full before I finished it so I gave it to the black hole we call a Labrador. But I felt better and not hungry. Today I start again. I鈥檓 hungry and totally confused. My weight loss is only 7kg in 2 months and I鈥檝e just put on a kg. I鈥檝e been really strict until yesterday. I have no idea what鈥檚 up with the body. Perhaps it鈥檚 menopause. 

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If you are hungry all the time, you're probably not getting enough fat or not getting enough calories. Try increasing the fat first, increase your fat grams by 10 or 15. You can push down protein and carbs to make room in your calorie allowance for the additional fat. If after three or four days you are still feeling hungry all the time, then you're probably just not eating enough calories to satisfy you. Look at increasing your daily calorie goals by 100 or 200. Once you get settled in you can reduce your calories. I also strongly suggest getting some fat bombs into your freezer so that when you are starving you can turn to a nice buttery chocolate or key lime fat bomb to satisfy that hunger instead of bread. Next time this happens, if you don't have a fat bomb handy, have a tablespoon or two of peanut butter. It's fairly high carb but still much better than a roll and at least as filling.

Like 1
    • Sarah
    • Sarah.30
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake what is a chocolate or key lime fat bomb? You always have amazing food!! You鈥檙e like the godmother of Keto. I wish you had a food business! 

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've joked all my life about opening a restaurant, I love to cook. Since you are one of my friends, you can click on my name over on your newsfeed and see my daily log and my recipes list. You can copy recipes from me to your own recipes list. Take my daily log for the month of April with a grain of salt, I'm trying to go dairy free and soy free this month and I'm struggling to eat my calories. I'm a picky eater, I do not like clear fats, and I'm having difficulty making up my fat without dairy to make it more palatable. I'm going to go ahead and put the key lime and chocolate fat bomb recipes here, but you can copy them directly off of my recipes list.  The easiest way to make these is in silicone candy trays. You can get them at Walmart, or most craft or baking stores.

Key lime fat bomb

8 oz cream cheese, 1/3rd cup coconut butter, 1/3rd cup coconut oil, 4 oz butter, 4 tbsp heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup lime juice, 1 tbsp lime zest, 3tsp sweetener (Stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit).  Heat cream in microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir in sweetener till it dissolves. If necessary heat cream again to help sweetener to dissolve. Add remaining ingredients, microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, if these items have not softened, microwave another 30 seconds, repeat until you are able to stir them together well.  Spoon into candy molds. I put maybe a tablespoon in each. This recipe made 36 candies when I made it. 1 net carb, 9 grams of fat, 1 gram protein, 85 calories.  Place in freezer for a couple of hours until they are firm. Pop them out of the molds and put them in labeled Ziploc baggies. Store them in the freezer. 

Dark chocolate fat bombs

4 oz butter, 2 oz coconut butter, 3 tbsp heavy cream, 1 oz coconut oil, 4 tbsp sweetener, 2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate.  Same basic principle as above. Warm cream and stir in sweetener, stir until sweetener has dissolved, reheating as necessary. Add remaining ingredients, warm at 30 second intervals in microwave until all ingredients are softened enough to stir well. The baker's chocolate takes a bit to get it to melt.  Spoon into candy molds. I make these a little small as they're a bit high calorie, only half filling the molds. I made 24 pieces out of this recipe. 0 net carbs, 8 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein, 81 calories. Freeze till hard, pop out, store in baggies. These can be stored in the refrigerator or the freezer, I prefer the freezer as they take longer to eat when they're frozen hard.  These are so good, I honestly would prefer them to a commercial candy bar.

My basic principle of making fat bombs is to use cream to dissolve sweetener as the pure fats are reluctant to dissolve the sweetener. Otherwise it's just a matter of creating a combination of pleasing ingredients. I use coconut butter a lot, once you try it you'll see why, unless you dislike the flavor of coconut. You can find it at Whole Foods, Sprouts, that sort of store.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Like 2
  • Moondrake I am new and wondering what is the difference between the fat bombs and keto cheesecake?  

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

debra06201374ad Fat bombs are usually quite small, a couple of bites.  Not a full dessert, just a good hit of fat to balance your macros.  You could use the cheesecake the same way by cutting it small.

Like 1
  • Thanks Moondrake, I made a Cheesecake to get ready for the new me.   Your fat bombs seem to be a bit more to my liking and will be shopping for the ingredients soon. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 95Views
  • 4 Following