Calculator error?

Hi All! I am new to the app so I may be missing something? Either that, or the app calculator is wrong...

I entered my breakfast and lunch today. When I add my grams of protein directly from what is listed in the app, they total 43. My confusion is because the app total at the top of the page is 90 grams! Way over my max! Am I missing something, or is the app not working? ~ newby

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Mommyk8
    • Mommyk8
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Protein should be higher then 43g. I try to eat around 154g a day of protein.  Around 121g fat and 25 or less net grams carbs. My calories are around 1900 a day though sometimes less.  Going over protein isn't and issue because your body doesn't store protein. Going over carbs by too much would be an issue

• Bee
    • Bee.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Some of what meals pop up on the app are off, and you may need to manually enter (or search through the database) your food from the nutrition label.

• Though may not be related to this, check under your settings. Look for "show decimal values" under the "additional settings". I learned early on this site defaults to whole numbers so something that may only be 1/2 carb for example, the site will display it as 1 carb which will easily throw your days totals off. Changing this setting to "ON" fixes that. 

Like 1
    • Elandra
    • Elandra
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, I too noticed an error in the top total values for protein in my log today...IE I had 6 large eggs today. That are 18.9 grams protein for 3...(so 37.8 for the 6)

then I had a protein bar - scanned in (showing correct values when compared to the box - and it has a total of 20 Grams of protein.

the total just for the eggs and bar is 57.8 HOWEVER the circle indicator shows as 49 grams!

how can we contact someone to get this looked at? I can’t locate a customer service button or link...

Like 1
    • Mwixom
    • Mwixom
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Same issue:

Hi. I’m new to this, actually just started today. My daily protein level is 51g. My intake today based on my manual count by viewing each food detail is 28g. My tracker summary says I had 89g of protein today. What am I missing. 

• TDCSLC20
    • TDCSLC20
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I haven’t noticed that but maybe in need to check. What I noticed is even if you scan a barcode it doesn’t bring up the correct numbers. I feel like I need to check everything I enter to make sure it’s right. So annoying 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 391Views
  • 7 Following