Ketostix: how many days to wait before they get purple?

After 2 weeks of successful Keto - but without measuring my ketones - I ate a lot of carbs in 1 day. So I decided to buy Ketostix to really control better my diet. Today, I ate about 13 g of carbs but the Ketostix tells me I am not producing ketone bodies... do you know how long it takes before I enter ketosis? Thanks!!!

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • You were probably in ketosis but once you ate those carbs in one day, you started over.  Ketosis usually occurs within 2-3 days but fat adaptation requires up to 6 weeks  and being strictly low carb.  

• 248855e4-34e0-f0c7-39ad-37117f3381ca That's helpful, thanks. And, by "fat adaptation", do you mean: starting losing fat?

• Agatha McKay 

Your body has become efficient at drawing energy from dietary fat  and stored body fat in place of glucose.  You’ve changed your metabolic system of energy.   Decreased hunger,  sustained energy, mental clarity, overall feeling good are signs of ketosis and fat adaptation.  You should naturally eat less but watch calories.   You need fat for energy but a little less plate fat and the body will draw from fat stores. Good luck

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 87Views
  • 2 Following