Advice for maintaining my weight while on holiday

Hello. I’ve been doing Keto for a few months   and feel great. I’m slowly losing weight as well. However, we are going on a family vacation and my children are foodies and brewers so I’m going to enjoy some food and ocasional wine and beer tastings. Any advice for me to keep my weight stable and continue my Keto journey without going off the wagon completely?  Thanks. 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • If you’ve not cheated and maintained your fat adaptation, you should be able to eat as you wish.  Being fat adapted for a long period of time gives you some metabolic flexibility. That means the carbs you eat will be burned first and you will return to fat burning when they’re gone without having the keto flu again. You will gain water weight though.  Go back to plan ASAP, drink a lot of water and keep carbs <20g and you will lose the water weight and back to weight.  It may take a few days or a week but it’s not real weight unless your calories were out of control:)

• AliLucy
    • AliLucy
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So.... I never had the keto flu. It took me about 3-4 weeks to begin losing weight. My weight fluctuated a lot at first until suddenly I lost five pounds. I’m still reading about keto and learning but I feel more in control of what I’m doing. I definitely feel better. No bloating and much better digestion. Thanks for the encouragement. I want to enjoy myself but not at the expense of losing my hard work. Still need to learn about the whole fat adapted and flexibility thing. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 37Views
  • 2 Following