HEY, MY NAME IS JIA AND IM 310lbs and I’m 6’0 AND I HAVE A GOAL TO LOOSE ALOT BY MY BIRTHDAY MARCH 2nd this is my SECOND DAY ON KETO!!!!

I will like to know what happens when you get in ketosis and how will I know? And will I loose a lot by March 2nd ? 

12replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • reesrachel101
    • Mature Student
    • reesrachel101
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

A fellow Pisces, I'm March 1st. A lot to lose as well. 3 days in, I'm only 5ft though and want to lose about 80lbs in total, I'm not rocking this moon look! I read somewhere you can get a strip test to urinate on, not sure from where 

• chay6942
    • chay6942
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

reesrachel101 

yeepee!! This is gonna be exciting! 

• rainbowg
    • rainbowg
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi I am just starting keto today have been doing lchf since aug and lost 21lbs but looking to see if keto works better for me. I still have 75lbs to go. Good luck 😃

Like 1
  • Hey I’m Angela 5’1 and 250lbs paleo worked for me so a co worker lost almost 200lbs doing this so I’ll give it a shot day 6 in the books.  Really tired tho, Keto flu going on I think😞

Like 2
    • Joyful
    • Joyful
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

"They" say to plan on losing a couple pounds a week on average after the first month. Folks with a significant amount to lose (for instance, my initial goal is to lose 75lbs but my eventual goal is to lose 100) might beat that average, at least until we get closer to our goal weight.  But losing too fast can be bad  for our health (and may leave us feeling bad as our fat cells release toxins; okay, I'll admit to not having fact-checked that, but it makes sense) .

Bonus: Some people lose quite a bit more than that 2-or-3-a-week average during the first few weeks, but much of it is water weight. 

Like 1
    • Joyful
    • Joyful
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

reesrachel101 In my experience, you can buy ketostiks (I buy the drugstore generic) at most pharmacies. They're pretty simple to use and will let you know if the acetoacetate ketones are in your urine. 

Like 2
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Everyone is different in this lifestyle. Try urine ketosticks first then if you get through the first month buy a ketone blood meter with ketone strips. This is more accurate for ketosis. We really can't know how much weight you can loose, but we can tell you this. If you stick to the lifestyle, not only will you feel better you will melt. Can't stress enough to beginners to do your research on ketogenic. It can be difficult at first but it works once you get adapted to it. Research all you can in your spare time. Women tend to loose slower then men also.  Metabolism is different for everyone. I think you will do great just follow joyful and Joanna's posts. They have this along with some others that have done their research. Main thing is why people give up, the keto flu" can hit you hard. We find coping mechanisms to get through that hump. You also will loose first weight to " water weight" typically first 5-10 pounds. People that weight themselves frequently can also get discouraged so I generally tell people have a morning starting weight written down and measure your waistline in the morning and put the darn scale away for a bit. Your going to fluctuate with water retention for awhile. Month 3-5 you should be wearing a pants sized smaller or two if you stick to your guns. A year will have possibly dramatic results. This is all scewed with variables I could write a book on. Just keep it long terms because once you go off it for to long your basically going to be starting over for the keto flu of flushing out your sugar body back to using your body fat, not to mention gain all your weight back fast and even more. Don't stray for quite some time, once your fat adapted then you can feel free again.  

Like 1
    • donye1983
    • 20lbs down! 20 to go!
    • donye1983
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My bday is March 11th! I am trying to lose 40lbs before then.  Good luck to you!

Like 3
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn too kind & it was you who helped me! 😘 Group hug 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• You can get ketostix to find out if you are in a state of ketosis. I've found them online through SmackFat and also my pharmacy sells them over the counter. Just pee on it and it will tell you if you are producing ketones and how much. 

• mhgoketo
    • Go Keto
    • mhgoketo
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Amazon... get Ketostix 

• Joyful
    • Joyful
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn Yep, like @Joanna said, you've been a font of info for me.

We are indeed all different. It can be difficult to weed out all the different opinions, even from well-respected experts, in the keto world (of course different approaches will make sense to different populations: a post-menopausal Apple-shaped woman is going to have a different experience than a 20-something male weightlifter). It's been nice finding people on here who are open-minded and who point out that what works for them might not for others. 

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 150Views
  • 11 Following