Recurring foods

I have coffee with cream EVERY DAY without fail.  I also have 4 ounces of romaine lettuce at lunch, a few grams of dark chocolate, etc, every single day.

Is there a way to make a food repeat without having to enter it or copy/paste?  Just like in a calendar app where you can set an event to recur weekly or daily.  Then you can just delete it on a day you happen to skip that food.

I'm sure many others would love this feature if it doesn't already exist!  Thanks for always listening to feedback!

24replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Thanks, Jonny. That's on our list of ideas for the (near) future! We'll let you know when it's ready. 😀

Like 7
  • This post was from 9 months ago! Still no repeat daily foods option? I just spent 10 minutes (that I can’t get back) copying 2 supplements and a fiber snack into the next two weeks. Copy, date, category, save... 30 times!! Also would be nice when we batch cook a favorite / 10 portions, repeat 10 days - Done! Please make this happen! 😁

Like 7
  • Bump.

Need this feature

Like 5
  • I created a forum account just to request this feature.

My meal plans are 7 days long to make it easier to shop for and prepare the food. Copying all the items from Monday to the rest of the week is extremely tedious.

At least give us the option to select multiple days when using the "copy to" menu item. Like shift clicking the days in the calender, click set, then select breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Done.

Like 3
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jesus Alvarez  If your meals are the same each time, you can use the "create a meal" feature to speed entering things up , but I think a proper way to do it would be better.

Like 1
    • Lex
    • Lex.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jesus Alvarez 

that repeat Food Item feature Does Exist. !!!!!

Like 1
  • Lex It does? Where can I find it?

Like 1
    • Lex
    • Lex.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jesus Alvarez 

• Lex
    • Lex.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

goplay I use the app Carb Manager. It does virtually everything you could imagine. It auto records my “daily” entries like 2 coffees with 3 tbl Heavy Cream, 1/2 large lemon w/36 oz water.

Also my supplements like “Keto Burn, MCT Oil, etc

• Synthetic
    • Synthetic
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jesus Alvarez  I actually just found the option. As you add the food, directly under the "ADD TODAY" button and meal selection is "Add Just Once" with a drop-down menu arrow to the right. If you select that, you can choose "Add Every Day".  It is there but honestly lost in the user interface. Love the CM app but I think UI could use a refreshed design for things like this.

Like 6
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Synthetic  Great find, but it doesn't seem to work on my computer using Chrome. :( 

I'll try again in the app later.

• Synthetic Awesome! Thank you very much.

Like 1
  • I click on the individual meal button , select  copy to (date) . 

• Synthetic I just tried "Add every day"  on my app and it added the food to today but not future days.  Am I missing something?  

• Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

DeeAnn Bates Look again tomorrow.  It only adds it for each day as that day happens.

Like 1
  • Karbndall OK, thank you.  I didn't understand it that way.  :)

• Karbndall
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

DeeAnn Bates 👍  Is it there today?

Like 1
  • Yes it is - thank you very much!

• Jesus Alvarez you can find it where the food chart is. It’s on the right side where it says frequently viewed

• Aust0902
    • Aust0902
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Does anyone know how to cancel this repeat/recurring item? I get the option to Delete All or Delete Once, however not sure if this will delete all past entries too. I only want any future ones cancelling.

Many thanks 

• Karbndall
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Aust0902 Delete All should stop them from recurring and not delete all past entries. 

Like 1
    • Aust0902
    • Aust0902
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Karbndall 

Thank you 

• IanMorgen
    • IanMorgen
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Synthetic I just tried to do it but once I select "add today" it dissapears and cannot see the dropdown menu you mentioned... do you know if is still there?

Like13 Follow
  • 13 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 24Replies
  • 1180Views
  • 16 Following