6th day keto and more than keto flu - advise

I’ve been on keto 6 days. Loved it and use this app to track and Was doing great. Yesterday awoke with keto flu but took Tylenol loads of water and ate and was good. Today, awoke with worse flu but I got up and almost fainted (never before). Pale, shaking, sweating, Ketones were high darker then darkest on test strip.  Almost called ambulance but I decided I must be hypoglycaemic. Drank a sanpellagrino with 30 g of carb and felt a bit better. Drank tons of water  as I had the day before.  Started vomiting and diarrhea. Ugh.   I drank a magnesium drink And added salts.  a day in bed ... drinking lots of water, slowly better - ketones down to moderate. To fast a start?  Ketoasidosis? Had all the signs but I’m not diabetic.  Scary and oh so awful 

does this mean I can’t do the keto diet ?  

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • While I am not a doctor I don't think this means you can't do keto.  I think you didn't get in enough electrolytes in your system and that is why you experienced such bad keto flu.  Drinking all that water is going to flush them out and they need to be replaced. Sufficient electrolytes help lessen keto flu symptoms.  Get a good electrolyte replacement and start taking pink Himalayan salt.  Both will help considerable.    

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 54Views
  • 2 Following