37 yo F - 5’6” - 250 lbs - goal 150 lbs

Hello!! I started on 1/5/21 at 250 and lost 9 lbs in 18 days but today my weight was up again! I was at 242.6... highly discouraged. I have been doing IF since day 10 for 18:6 but try to push it to be 20:4 when I can. What am I doing wrong? I just don’t want to fall off the wagon and looking for some support! 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Diane52
    • Ask yourself "Whats more important, my right NOT to wear a mask, or the life of a loved one or my neighbor?"
    • Diane52
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Chevy, I know its easier said than done. But don't let the weight fluctuation put you off your goal. You have made the decision to eat better to lose the weight so you can be healthier and feel better and that's the goal you need to be consumed by, not the numbers. Continue the diet and the numbers will fall. Try to remember that the body is complex and so many things can make those numbers rise and fall and even stall. Ive seen folks stall for up to a month and then those numbers drop steadily again. I know, and Im not just blowing smoke, I know that if you stick to the diet you WILL reach your goal.

One thing that I would suggest trying is setting milestone goals. I got tired of weighing myself when my numbers slowed down, so I have my main goal of 130lbs and then I made smaller goals of a minimum of10 lbs a mth. I find that weighing myself once a week and adjusting my diet and exercise to meet that goal or better is sooo much easier and less discouraging. 

• bottgail
    • bottgail
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hello :) being on keto for two years has shown me that our weight will fluctuant due to hormonal changes, depending on what we ate for the day{ deli meats, processed foods etc} and depending on exercising:) this is what I have learned :) my goal is 180# I too IF and sometimes I lose a pound or two or not:) don't fall off the wagon:) as long as the inches are coming off and clothes getting looser, we are being sucessful! I used to weigh 360, now 239! you can do it!!:):):):)

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 38Views
  • 3 Following