30 Day STALL UGGG

I’m beyond frustrated! I track EVERYTHING! I float around 1200-1300 cal/day, stay in Ketosis at 15gm carbs/day  I get the gym in 4-5 days/Wk.    IF16 hrs. I am only down 3 lbs on the last month.. If it was just a week or two I could get it, but I’m bustin it and not seeing results. I started aug 10. So I’m three months in and down a total of 12 lbs  

any suggestions? I’m really bummed that I’m not closer to my goal   Start at 160 goal is 135 and I have bounced around 147-148 for 30 days. I feel so defeated.

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Aloha916
    • Aloha916
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Maybe try longer alternate day fasts. So like Monday Wednesday and Friday fast for 20 hours, and eat less calories those days so 900ish. Rest of the days 16:8 is good but eat more calories. 

But my guess is your not consuming enough calories in general if you are hitting the gym 5x/week. Body is staying catabolic

Like 1
  • KetoKat said:
    I’m beyond frustrated! I track EVERYTHING! I float around 1200-1300 cal/day, stay in Ketosis at 15gm carbs/day  I get the gym in 4-5 days/Wk.    IF16 hrs. I am only down 3 lbs on the last month.. If it was just a week or two I could get it, but I’m bustin it and not seeing results. I started aug 10. So I’m three months in and down a total of 12 lbs  
    any suggestions? I’m really bummed that I’m not closer to my goal   Start at 160 goal is 135 and I have bounced around 147-148 for 30 days. I feel so defeated.
    The General Adaptation Syndrome
    Hans Selye. M.D., PhD determined this around 1923.
    The body does one of two things when exposed to some type of stress or disease.  You either adapt or die.
    Vaccines
    The General Adaptation System is the foundation of vaccines.
    When the body is given a small amount of a disease, vaccination, it adapts. Your immune system builds antibodies so it survives.
    Diet 
    The same occurs with cutting calories in a diet.  Your Metabolic Rate decreases to ensure your survival; so that you don't starve to death.  Your body fat is viewed as "Food Reserves", you saving account for rainy days
    MATADOR Weight Loss Study    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28925405/
    Research from this study determine one of the keys is to rotate you calorie intake approximately ever two weeks; drop down for two weeks then increase it for two week.  Keep alternating a decrease then increase every two weeks.
    Increasing your calorie intake for two week, increases your Metabolic Rate.  You weight will initially increase.
    However, after the following two weeks of being in a caloric restriction, you will lose the weight you gained and more.
    This research reinforces what Bodybuilder have done for decades; alternating Bulking and Cutting Cycles to decrease body fat/body weight and increase muscle mass.
    Research show this method ensure more fat loss and greater muscle retention
     Aloha916 said:
    Maybe try longer alternate day fasts. So like Monday Wednesday and Friday fast for 20 hours, and eat less calories those days so 900ish.
    900 Calories
    This approach works.  However, the issue is your Metabolic Rate will eventually adapt to your 900 calorie intake.  Once that adaptation occurs, what are you going to do, drop y0ur intake down to 500 calories?
    Kenny Croxdale
    Like 1
    • KetoKat
    • KetoKat.2
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kenny Croxdale 

• When something stop working, it mean you need to change something.  

With that said, Calorie Rotation (even on Keto) works. 

That dependent on what your current daily caloric intake  is.

Kenny Croxdale

• Kimberly P.
    • Own it and get it done
    • Kimberly_P
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Two recommendations increase your fat intake to 200 for a few days and make sure you are getting at least a gallon of water a day. I've done this with previous stalls. Also start your day with warm lemon water. It will help clear out any sluggish liver issues.

Like 1
    • Mush
    • Mush
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Make sure you are getting your fat in, and maybe drop a day at the gym. Stay close to 900-1100. I just had a lull, was going over my protein, (keeping my carbs low). I was slacking on my tracking my macros on carb tracker! I figured it'd be easy to keep my carbs under 20 or 30. Found out I was getting more protein than fat- which through me off! I was stalled at 8 lbs first 30 days. Lost NO weight days 16-30 because of not correct %macro goals. 

Straightened it out over the last 4 days, now finally down 2 lbs!! 

I still feel smaller than the scale says! I think I will do my body measurements so if I stall out again, I will have those numbers to keep me going!! Good luck! Send and update!!

Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 96Views
  • 5 Following