Help

So I am doing everything I think correctly have been doing my beachbody program and working out 4 days a week and have been in my carb target zone but I have only lost 0.8lbs is that normal or am I not doing something right . Its been a week since I started. 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Stardust
    • Stardust.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Kayler, I am not sure what you are doing so not sure what you are doing wrong, but you might consider some of these things.  If you are doing the Beach Body program, you are likely gaining muscle.  For you, going strictly off weight probably won't give you an accurate view of your progress.  Try taking your measurements.  Even taking right thigh vs. Left thigh, right arm vs. Left arm, etc. because many people start with uneven measurements that become equal as your build muscle, which can be really cool to see!  

Some other things to try are:

Eating within an 8hr window and fasting from dinner until first meal (16hrs)

Making sure you are getting enough fat and not too much protein.  Inproper ratios of both of these will sabotage you and are necessary for your body to go into ketosis.  Just reducing carbs isn't enough.  This is a common mistake with newbies.

Get enough sleep and drink LOTS of water.  Both are necessary for weight loss.

Try to reduce your stress, if that has been an issue.  Stress will keep/put in the weight.

Try MCT oil as your main source of fat.  Keep in mind that most dairy products have lactose (milk sugar) which = carbs.  MCT oil really helps with ketosis.  Coconut oil is the best natural source, but you can buy straight MCT oil as well.

Get enough nutrition (i.e., low carb veggies, lean proteins, and healthy fats)

Avoid snacking and stick to 2-3 meals a day.

Hope this helps!!

• Are your workouts intense? I’ve noticed my weight fluctuates differently with different “diets” I do. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 115Views
  • 4 Following