How can I keep fat high and calories low?

I have been on the Keto diet for about 3 weeks but just started using Carb Manager.  I love this app since it helps me keep track of what I am eating and keeps me in line with my goals.  My biggest problem is finding foods that are high in fat but low in calories.  For instance, I like a coffee drink in the late afternoon.  I use Cold brew coffee, heavy cream, and MCt oil.  The fat is 15 g, which is great...but the calories are over 200, which is not good.  by time I have dinner , lunch , snacks, I am over the 1200 calories I am supposed to have to loose weight.  Can someone recommend foods that are high in fat but low in calories.  

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

That’s a tough one.  Fats have 9 calories per gram while proteins and carbs have 4 calories per gram.  I try to eat a variety of fats from fatty meats, salmon, avocados, full fat dairy, olive oil, coconut oil, toasted sesame oil, low carb nuts, eggs etc.  Entering food in app before eating are how I learned to balance Macros.  This gives you the opportunity to adjust portion sizes or switch to another food that better meets your Macros.  

Also, you might consider increasing your calorie goal.  1200 is the minimum recommended calorie intake for women.  So, starting that low doesn’t give you a lot of flexibility to adjust as you lose weight.  Increasing physical activity will help increase your calorie deficit.  Good Luck 

• linbarmax
    • linbarmax
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Gina, thanks for your helpful reply.  I have been planning my day of eating in the morning.   I am glad to know that 1200 is the minimum.  that is the number that CM gave me when I plugged my info into the profile.  It would help me to know the min/max for each macro.  I am assuming that the numbers for net carbs, protein and calories are the maximum amount, but that fat is the minimum amount.  since I have been reading so much about the protein/fat ratio, I am not sure when I am too high on fat in comparison to protein.  And how much leeway I have for calories.  As you can tell, I am very confused.  

Like 1
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

linbarmax If you exceed your fat grams, you will probably go over your calories too.  You have to create a calorie deficit to lose weight. I focus on hitting my percentages of calories from fat, protein and carbs.  There are a lot of short articles in the app that might help clear things up.

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hi

I am on a 1200 calories a day allowance  as well but  I actually concentrate on not going over my net carb allowance and getting close to my fat and protein allowance instead which usually means I usually have about 1350 calories a day but I dont worry about the calories  as long as it s not more than 1400 calories , and I am near to the net and the fat and the protein macros

• Gina yes girl! 😃 don’t you love that little trick? I’ve been entering in things, sometimes all my meals in the morning and it helps sooooo much to not go over. It even is like a little mini meal plan so you don’t have to really think about what you have to eat when meal time comes. LOVES IT

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 250Views
  • 7 Following