Diary of a holiday hogette...DAY ONE

Hello! :-)  today is December 27th, 2017.  I can’t wait until the first of the year to stop killing myself.  I have binged on fudge and cinnamon rolls since thanksgiving.  I have a trip coming up in the spring that will require a lot of walking, and I don’t want to drop dead of a heart attack.  I am, female, 5’9” height and 195 lbs.  I need to dump 30 unhealthy pounds (165 is my goal) but I need a few buddies who are in the same boat and looking for accountability.  I’ll try to check in every day after I weigh in.  I’m doing the keto plan at first.  Also adding weight training and walking.  I’d love to hear from you, and would be happy to cheerlead for those who need it.  I found an affirmation website that says to repeat their affirmations several time a day.  So, day one?  I AM STRONG IN MIND AND BODY AND I CAN DO THIS.  Yeah.  Cheesy, I know.  Maybe it will work?   Happy New Year.   

10replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • crex52
    • Retired English teacher
    • crex52
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I also started with the goal of losing 30 (I’m 5’1” and started at 155) so although I’m shorter our goal is the same. I started on November 4 and am down 12 pounds and that includes a 2-3 week plateau. So don’t be discouraged if that happens to you. Good luck! We can do this.

Like 1
  • crex52 hi!   Thank you for the encouragement!   12 lbs is wonderful, congratulations.  I’m impressed that you made it through the holiday season with such a great loss.  I started back then, too, but got totally derailed.  Now, back at square one.  So far I have dropped a few pounds again, and I know hearing from people like you will help me succeed!   Thank you!  Stay in touch if you like, I love the success stories :-)

Like 1
  • I am right with you girl!! I started at 198 the dropped 5 but I did a holiday binge so I need to restart. I feel deep down this Keto is best for my body and I am a sharp, loving professional and Mom but the weight area is the area of my life I feel defeated in! I hate that! I will cheer you on all the way to goal and appreciate any help I can get😊 2018 is the year!!!!!

Like 4
  • d123lie6556 Happy New Year!   It seems we have a lot in common in this battle.  :-).   I am super talented at finding reasons not to exercise!  So, I’m putting on my tennis shoes and heading out for a walk with my family.  It’s COLD and I’m comfy here, writing to you, but I suppose this change we are endeavoring comes with a certain amount of pain!  LOL.  Check in with me now and then, if you want.  I’d love it, and I need to know I’m not alone...

Like 2
  • How is it going, crex52?  I feel like a train pulling out of the station, slow and sluggish.   Hope to build up a full head of steam this year!   Happy new year!

• I am starting as well and need some accountability as well.  I need to lose 80 lbs.   it is a lot but I am ready to do it. 

Like 2
  • I’m starting this week as well. A couple I know have done this with great success and I hope I can too. Still doing a lot of reading and will need to get pantry cleaned out. I have two teenage daughters and hope they will make the adjustments with me so I don’t feel the need to prepare multiple meals. 

Like 2
  • jenny_speer it seems like it will work to make a fatty meat like burger or pork and have veggies with butter for many evening meals with family... that’s my plan anyway... tonight will be shrimp stir fry but I won’t have the rice...

Like 1
  • d123lie6556 bacon and eggs for brunches

Like 1
  • Hi I'm 64 and need to loss 25 lbs. Been doing this for 3 days now. I'm committed  to do this as my son needs a kindney transplant and I need to get my BMI  done so I'm  on a mission

Like 2
Like6 Follow
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 171Views
  • 7 Following