Using to many calories in coffee .. help

After ideas on what else I can add to my coffee other than cream. At the moment I use heavy cream 3 tablespoons per cup. I have two cups. This is using a 5th of my calories each day.

15replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Karen M
    • Living, Loving, Working in the Permian Basin Oil Field
    • kmvause0386
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I use vanilla protein powder in mine with a little cream. Not perfect but works okay. But I can only fit in one cup. Honestly, more than that, you may need to go with black.

Like 2
  • You on keto? I drink bulletproof every morning ? Why you counting calories and are you doing intermittent fasting? Are you tracking fat and protein. I see so many people in this site  that are not educated on ketosis and keto.

Like 2
  • Mairlyn pedersen  I'm not yet fat adapted and have a tendency to over eat which stalls my progress. 

I monitor all my macros including energy consumption. Most macro calculators will include energy consumption in the calculations.

The last part of your reply was not helpful, let's keep the forums a positive place 😊

Like 3
  • i have bulletproof coffee every morning. I stopped using 1 Tablespoon heavy cream to cut my calorie intake. I loose faster when I keep calories under 1,200 and keep carbs under 10 per day.

Like 1
  • angelamcbeb1f you sound very similar to me .. I've now discovered almond milk which is very low in carbs and kilojoules. I will see how that goes 😚

Like 3
    • Jacqueline
    • Life is Good!
    • Jacqueline
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Mairlyn pedersen 

• Jacqueline
    • Life is Good!
    • Jacqueline
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm  one of them!

I need to learn!

Thanks!

• Pigletprincess I use Orgain Protein Almond Milk unsweetened vanilla 😀😗

Like 3
    • Jacqueline
    • Life is Good!
    • Jacqueline
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

angelamcbeb1f 

Thanks!

Going to the health food store today. I'll  pick up some.

Jackie

Like 2
  • Jacqueline you’re welcome 

Like 1
    • Jacqueline
    • Life is Good!
    • Jacqueline
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Love the Almond milk!!

Picked up 2@ health food store.

Got my husband drinking it too:)

Thanks again angelamcbeb1f !!

• jdurand2
    • jdurand2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I use Sugar Free Carmel Macchiato by International Delight, there is <1g of carbs per serving

• Coconut Oil?

Like 1
  • Cocoa!  Pure, unsweatened, Cocoa.  I use Hershey's because of the great macros.  Use about a tablespoon.  Add a little pink salt (2-3 turns) and add Stevia to taste.  Look on YouTube for a Thomas Delauer video if you need more help.  Use butter or Gee instead of cream.  I use MCT also, but if you're trying to cut the cals, then maybe just butter/Gee... of try just MCT.  MCT will probably give you more energy, mental clarity.  Butter may taste better.    

Like 1
  • Heavy whipping cream might be my favorite thing I have each day in my coffee!  Maybe instead of 3 Tbsp per cup use 2 or even 1?  The serving size on my container is 2. I only have one cup so I just use two :) mmmm!  Best of luck!!! 

Also maybe getting a lighter roasted coffee will make the HWC go further if you will be using less.  

Like 1
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 286Views
  • 10 Following