Carrying carbs over

Hi, I am new to low carb dieting and am wondering if you can carry carbs over from one day to the next. For example, if I have 10 ‘spare’ on a Tuesday can I add them to Wednesday’s allowance? Does anyone know the answer? X

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Sherlock
    • Sherlock
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No, don’t carry over carbs, congratulate yourself on a job well done and carry on. The lower your carb intake, the  more likely you will get into ketosis after 5-7 days of strict carb reduction,. Keep your macros in the 70/20/5 each day, consistency is key. If you are over on fat percentage that’s ok, but keep control of protein, and especially carbs. If you were to carry over carbs you would throw this macro off, and it could kick you out of ketosis, which would take a few days to get back to. Stay consistent, good luck

• Sherlock 

• Thank you so much Sherlock. That makes sense! I’m one week in and am so tired and thirsty I just want to sleep all day. Please tell me this will pass soon? X

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

nikinixe444 It sounds like your detoxing. That may feel bad, but it’s a good thing. Your entering the fat conversion. Everyone is different on how long this will last, and it depends on how high of carbage you are prior to your new lifestyle. I see you posted under low carb so I’m assuming your Keto tho? And not just low carb? My personal experience with fat adaption was pretty terrible. I didn’t feel normal until month 2/3. Hang in there, carbs are like a drug, we do detox to a certain extent. It’s going to be worth it. 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 130Views
  • 3 Following