Hello from Austin, TX

Hello folks, I started a keto diet about 2 1/2 weeks ago in hopes of sheding some ugly pounds i've gain over the course of 7 yrs.  I'm in my mid 50's and dieting has been a real struggle for me.  I encountered difficulties trying to calculate the macros required to loose weight, then I found this app a few days ago, and it's been very effective in helping me track what I eat. I've even tried their recipes.  I am down 6.5 lbs thus far. I am glad to know that i am not alone in this journey, and hope to receive feedback from your experiences.

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Howdy fellow Texan. I've been on this app and doing keto for 7 months tomorrow, have lost a little over 60 lb. Loving all the great foods that we can have on this diet.  Have experienced a few downsides, the worst of which is foot & leg cramps that keep me up all night, but the benefits outweigh the downsides. If you'll pardon the pun.  馃榿

Like 4
  • Hello from DFW!! Just started back and am looking forward to reaching my goals.  Had a good start a couple of years ago but what started as a cheat day ended up being a year plus.  Glad to see so many Texans on this forum.  You have had some great progress with this so far.  You are not alone!! Look forward to sharing with everyone in the near future.  

• Slim
    • slim
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Try hydrating more for cramps in your legs. Drink more water

• Rskidoo
    • Rskidoo
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake hi are you using your sea salt in your water or coffee to help with the cramps.  Try it.  Seems to work for me. 

• Janice4945
    • Retired and loving it!
    • Janice4945
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just found this app too. Seems to be pretty eady to figure it out. Best Wishes!

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 34Views
  • 6 Following