I DON’T GET IT! I’ve been doing keto 2.5 months and the scale says I am down 29lbs, but I don’t see it in inches. Ideas, suggestions?

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • KC
    • seashell_station
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

29 pounds and your clothes aren't swimming on you? 

• ttaylor7
    • ttaylor7
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

KC 

• ttaylor7
    • ttaylor7
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am baffled.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Have you been taking measurements from your arms, thighs, etc?  Maybe your losing it in unusual places first? Still, down 29 lbs and not feeling clothes fit differently is surprising.

Have you confirmed the weight loss on more than one scale?  Maybe you have lost some, but not quite that much?

Like 2
    • CHDevil
    • Advocating against keto-myths.
    • CHDevil
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

If you weight 290lbs those would be only 10%... meaning it's just a little here and there.

I've heard carbs hold water. No carbs, less water. This explains a few first invisible lbs.

I've heard Brown adipose tissue (BAT) might weigh less than white one. Maybe you've converted some. You'd need to look into this though, I'm not sure at all.

Has your digestion improved ? Did you go OMAD ? Is therefore perhaps less, aghm..., "stuff" in your bowels ? If so, you've just lost weight that was never yours in the first place.

Also your abdominal walls might still be loose and not reflecting the change. The same goes for loose skin.

It's been 3 months of gradual change you've been through: not noticing is not the same as not happening. Got a photo from 3 months ago to compare with ? Have you measured ? Are you sure you're not cheating by wearing your pants a notch more to the south ?

I don't know...

Good luck and keep going !

Like 2
    • jax789
    • Strict keto - Week 1
    • jax789
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yup keep going ! Trust the process. Keto on 

• Even if your clothes don't show do you feel better? That is the goal :)

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 161Views
  • 6 Following