UK settings

Hi everyone. I am following Atkins and aiming for a total of 20g carbs per day (we don’t have net carbs here as fibre is already deducted) but the question is, do I track total or net carbs on carb manager? I am guessing most of the foods on carb manager are logged with the US in mind, so your net is our total? Hope this makes sense! Any advice would be much appreciated. 

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, track net carbs.  The Daily Log also shows total carbs and fiber, so you can keep an eye on all three.  Good Luck

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi its net carbs but in the UK if it says carbs 5% of which sugars 1 % and fibre 3% you take whatever the carbs are ie 5% you dont subtract fibre . 

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Its confusing as the labels are different deoending where you are..

On labels on USA foods, fibre is included in the total ‘Carbohydrate’ count, so in America you must deduct the fibre to get ‘net’ carbs.

However, in the UK and EU, fibre is actually shown separately so you don’t deduct it (or anything!) from the Carbohydrate total.  So, for an example, if a label says:

Carbohydrates – 5g

Of which sugars – 2g

Fibre – 1g

Then you’d count a total of 5g carbohydrates for this food.

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

For recipes on here near carbs on UK brought items carbs and dont deduct anything see below 

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Net carbs 

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 185Views
  • 3 Following