NO WAY!

Forget this diet! I've been on it only 4 days and I had pure watery diarrhea (something I never have) and I thought for sure I was going to pass out today!! It's terrible!! Nope! No more. I do not know how this could be healthy!

29replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Stomach bugs are going around also. Could be from anything. If you have read a lot of posts here would will find it beneficial to everyone. You could just cut back on carbs try it slow. Also a lot of people can’t jump on eating that much fat all at once. You have to ease into it. 

Like 2
  • badmojomn  exactly. I'm so not even close to eating this much fats. I had the stomach bug about 2 weeks ago so it's not that. I drink keto coffee and thought it might be that. I put fats in it which I'm not used to. I just know I really thought I was going to pass out this morning too. I'm scared to continue. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 the feeling of passing out is possibly a dehydration symptom. Ease into it. Don’t use the wierd keto stuff. Just a little tiny bit of whole cream. And try without. It’s okay without. Don’t worry about all the fats on your wheel but concentrate on the net carbs. If I were you-start about 50-60 net and work way down slowly. You need a lot of salt so salt your eggs, broths, eat bacon etc. potassium tabs also. Avacado is good with salt. The diarrhea prob gave you some dehydration. Diarrhea was either a secondary bug or to much fats in a day or so. Either one is correctable. 

Like 4
  • I felt well if it was a secondary bug. I just felt like passing out. It was weird. I said I wouldn't continue but I'm weighing 169 from 173 this morning. I'm sure mostly water weight. I'm a water drinking fool so I'll continue with the diet and see how I continue feeling but I do think I'll use a bit more carbs. 

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 Was it a one time feeling of passing out? Im pretty sure it was slight dehydration with the runs but can’t be certain.  To tell you the truth I have a hard time drinking the 8 glasses of water if we don’t count coffee. But there is a hint where you can wash your electrolytes right out if you drink too much water so caution with drinking like what you say” fool”. Ease up on that maybe. Not sure. If your then feeling faintish, something with sodium like salty broth and then wait an hour see how you feel. I did have some dizzy spells with keto and fat adaption at first. 

Like 2
  • Did you put Mct oil in your coffee? That can cause Gi issues

Like 1
  • 1cce0f0f6bdc I put a tad of real butter and coconut oil. 

• badmojomn it was as though my blood sugar was super low and I'm not a diabetic at all. I drank juice 😲 But felt better afterwards. 

• badmojomn  and yes it was only the one time. Also I drink my bottles of water completely down without stopping. I wait about 30 minutes and drink another and so on. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 could be a harsh keto flu. I felt like complete poo during mine even doing what I was supposed to. For some like me who had a high carb diet before - keto transition wasn’t easy. For feeling better after juice tells me keto flu. Transition slow and you should be fine. With berries and not juice though. Or just low carb and not keto for a bit see how you feel.  Transitioning to keto from a plain low carb start is better for most people with true intentions to keto. Low carb and not keto doesn’t work for me. I had to many cheat days. 

Like 4
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 Also it would be wise to have the urine keto sticks. Albeit you were in a major ketosis state. When I felt like at one point I needed medical help I turned the stick almost black. 

Like 2
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 Sorry forgot to add. Try black coffee a few mornings- see how you feel. I ditched those creamy additives oils in my coffee and seemingly I felt better. It’s a trial and error for All for sure. 

Like 2
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 check your blood glucose. Or go see a doctor before considering this diet a go.

If you have an extreme drop in blood sugar you can get dizzy, confused and worse you can pass out. At its worse it can become live threatening. Every one is different, some can do only low carb and others can live on fat alone.

See a Pro, Doctor or Nurse practitioner. If you still get dizzy. Don't wait!

Like 2
  • badmojomn  yes!! I believe I definitely was!!

• wamdesigns yes. I completely understand this aspect because I am an RN so that's why I drank the juice. I knew it would be a fast fix. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 I think having the ketone blood reader and blood glucose strips would be worth your while for sure in your case. I wanted to run to the juice so many times, but my glucose was fine. I wanted to eat an entire pizza and a gallon of OJ.  

Like 2
  • badmojomn I'll try black coffee in the morning 😖 where do I get these strips?

• First of all, this is NOT a diet! This is a lifestyle where you monitor your carb intake in order to lose weight. It's up to you as to what you eat, of course, as you track weight loss by managing the right carbs. If you've chosen to stay away from carbs with wheat and eliminated sugar, you may very well be going through withdrawal symptoms from no longer eating what you've become addicted to. You should stay the course and give this a chance because it does work. I've lost 18 pounds in 12 weeks, exactly what I set my goal for (lose 1.5 lbs a week) simply by managing the right carbs.

Like 4
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 my Walmart has them in the diebetic part of the store by the blood monitoring stuff. 6.99$ I think. I actually took the time to cut this little babies in half so I had twice as many. 

Like 4
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 Are you still following and how are you feeling?

Like 1
  • badmojomn  I'm still following and I did increase my carbs to 24. So far so good 

Like 5
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

texxasgirl62 I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. We all want everyone to get to the end goal. Thanks badmojomn to help on this scare!

Like 2
  • Thank you!!

• Back off of the sugar free. Totally causes what you are feeling. Coffee creamers are the worst. 

Like 1
  • I’ve had issues with MTC oil and butter in coffee as well as coconut oil in coffee on the bulletproof diet. My first time doing Keto and I am using coconut oil powder.  I tried a couple of brands and found one that I like. It doesn’t give me any stomach or other issues. I got carb flu going too low on carbs in the beginning. I did some research because I am hypothyroid (Hashimoto’s) and it’s advised I stay around 30 carbs per day. I make sure I do enough exercise/steps to counteract the increased carbs. On this diet you have to find  that individual max carb intake that still keeps you in Ketosis or helps you lose weight., hood blood sugar, etc.

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 29Replies
  • 972Views
  • 7 Following