How soon do you see results?

I just started keto recently and was wondering how long it takes to see results? And also, did anyone on here ever feel sluggish, tired and slightly irritable in the beginning? Thanks!

36replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I’ve been doing Keto for two weeks.. definitely had headaches in the beginning but I’m just starting to see results now which is keeping me motivated!

Like 6
    • Eliza
    • Eliza
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I started Keto a week ago today. I’ve lost 2.5 pounds but haven’t really noticed a physical change yet other than NO bloating. It usually takes me 2-3 weeks to show the weight loss. Luckily I haven’t had any headaches, suffered with the “keto flu” or felt sluggishness. This app has really made a huge difference in keeping me within my macros and tracking all my #’s. . I’m also doing IF which doesn’t phase me because somehow I was naturally already fasting for as long as I could remember and not knowing it was “a thing”.  BPC is awesome!!

Like 3
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Everyone sees different results at different paces. This depends on how much body fat you want and need to take off. And yes, that could be the keto flu for sure. Try to use keto flu remidies and not nsaids( ibuprofen,etc) to fight off the headaches as nsaids can be harsh for the kidneys.  Push through it if you can with minerals, salts, broths, and rest when you can. I was a crank at the beginning. 

Like 4
  • I started on the 1st and have lost 10.2 lbs. I felt terrible since last thrusday.

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

madwolf74986e it will pass. Make sure your hydrating with salty broths and mineral supplements, potassium etc. 

Like 4
  • madwolf74986e we all cope differently. I hope you can break through this stage! Rooting for you. I, too, started recently (restarted) and know your pain. Try to have “faith” in the biochemistry.. if you stick to the keto guidelines and take the suggestions here re keto flu your biochemistry WILL change. Switching from carb eating SAD to ketogenic diet requires a shift in gene expression and cell machinery which can make things seem slow... just work on cementing your new keto habits and dont focus on any numbers other than your macro %s. My coping mechanism is to learn as much as i can about insulin, ketosis, ive even reviewed the anatomy of our small intestines to understand the nuts and bolts... 

Like 3
  • I started Monday and just today I am feeling sluggish specially between meals. 

I have not noticed any weight loss - but have noticed that there is no bloating.  I am feeling cold though. 

Like 1
  • Ok so I just have to brag a little. Been doing keto and IF for one week. I have lost 10 lbs. Now I know a lot is water weight and I shouldnt expect that every week. BUT STILL. I havent haf any keto flu so far, i feel like i have so much energy and i dont get groggy in the afternoons anymore!

Like 3
  • rachelalexis237560 

• imfixn2
    • billynn_staggs1432
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

What is IF and macros?  What amount of carbs are max for keto and do calories matter?  I’m on day 3 and I’m lost as an Easter Egg. I’m eating cheese, eggs, bacon, chicken, broccoli, ham, chef salad. No bread, rice, potatoes 

Like 2
    • motooka2
    • motooka2
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

billynn_staggs1432   If is intermittenten fasting. Many keto people fast 16 hours eat 8 hours

Like 3
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

billynn_staggs1432 Hi there. Have you played around with the app? And macros are what you set your fats and proteins to your desire.  You can set the app for ketogenic or low carb. It’s all in preference.  

Like 2
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

jenbella08 you may experience cold and hot unfortunately. Your entering possibly the keto flu part. Totally normal. Make sure your drinking a bit salty broths and water inbetween.  

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

billynn_staggs1432 Ketogenic is 20 net carbs max. The wheel on the app can help determine how much you eat, makes sure you choose the desired eating format” keto, low carb, etc.”. It will ask in your profile or somewhere in there your desired calories. This depends on how much fat you want to take off and how quickly. Play around with the options. I don’t recommend taking off weight to fast for anyone. Half pound weightloss per week is the lowest option available but that can be to fast for some.  Read through posts here, you will find an enourmous amount of information. YouTube has great stuff for followers also. I just type my question I have at the top search space. 

Like 2
    • motooka2
    • motooka2
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Scale results fast. Actual size is 2-3 weeka

• badmojomn  I have my broth for today. I just wake up very thirsty. Crazy thing I would usually wake up bloated and sometimes my feet would be swollen and the past 2 days that has not been the case very happy

Like 1
    • imfixn2
    • billynn_staggs1432
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn 

• Eliza 

What is BPC?

• Eliza
    • Eliza
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

erikalambert63b047  BPC is bulletproof coffee. It’s a tbsp each of coconut oil and grass fed butter blended with your coffee. I drink this every morning as my “breakfast”. Then have my first meal around 12:30pm. I fast 18 hrs and have a 6 hour window for eating. 

Like 2
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

erikalambert63b047 You can actually put different fatty items in bpc, I chose heavy cream because coconut oils seem to upset me somehow. Heavy cream, little butter if you need it. I actually found better weight loss not having bpc in the morning, only if I’m having a bad day mid- day. Everyone is different. I’m aiming for pure body fat burn so I am literally forcing it now with less fats. I don’t feel different in mental focus so must be working. Surging warm flashes in my feet at times tells me it’s working. 

Like 2
    • imfixn2
    • billynn_staggs1432
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Super thirsty....so glad my fave drink is ice water

Like 2
  • imfixn2 me too all the time. I drink water all the time. And pee the whole night. 

• helms1ca8
    • helms1ca8
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Omg, I thought that was only me!

Every hour there is a bathroom run!

Like 2
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

jenbella08 helms1ca8 be careful with this. If your urinating at night through the night, this may be indicative of not enough salts. I remember a little bit more bathroom trips but not something that made me every hour. The water to salts ratio may need to be tweaked if it lasts more than a few days. I personally feel if water is absolutely forced too much it can wash out trace potassium and sodium.

• drzodiac620a
    • The cure for the common card trick
    • drzodiac620a
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn being diabetic I can't wait to see how ketosis messes with me. I'm so used to high blood sugar I can't function at 400 blood sugar and not feel any different. 

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 36Replies
  • 10044Views
  • 27 Following