How soon do you see results?

I just started keto recently and was wondering how long it takes to see results? And also, did anyone on here ever feel sluggish, tired and slightly irritable in the beginning? Thanks!

36replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

drzodiac620a Are you type 2? On meds?

Like 1
  • madwolf74986e  propel water helps and drinking broth

• By day three I felt much lighter! After day five  I lost 10 lbs. Most of it I'm sure was water water (I enjoy craft beer). Only thing I experienced was a headache in the afternoons and insomnia. Energy was great! Coconut oil keeps the hunger away.

• I’m at 14 days.  I’m still  feeling  sluggish especially in the morning , and if I wait too long in between meals I get very cranky.  Gotta try to stay ahead of that 

• bradlytle
    • bradlytle
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Interesting stuff.   I'm at 11 days and I haven't felt the energy surge by any means. But I am usually over on both protein and fat every day.  I think the ratios are off though. It's hard to be low on carbs, protein, AND fat.  But I'm always under 20g of carbs every day. 

• arkali
    • arkali
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

bradlytle Why are you limiting fat?

• bradlytle
    • bradlytle
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Anne Victory I'm not. I'm saying that the keto macro limits your fat and I'm always over. 

Like 1
    • arkali
    • arkali
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

bradlytle Ah, gotcha. I just ignore mine. I think I might have custom set it to a minimum percent? I forget.

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

bradlytle It took me I think two months or close to that to feel back to normal with a bit more energy.  I wouldn’t say I have a lot more but brain focus is spot on, better than before. It takes time. 

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

bradlytle I wouldn’t worry about going over at this point and time, soon you may turn a switch in your metabolism and actually forget to eat or because your not hungry. 

Like 1
    • pbelt530
    • pbelt530
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

tanyahills9bd0 

How long did you have headaches? I'm on day 6 and for past 3 days I have had a headache. It feels like I have been hit in back of the head.  I feel great other than that. I drink 80-100oz of water per day. I'm in ketosis, the stick said 15ml small amount. I'm doing 15g carbs or less per day. Craving aren't bad. I do add salt to my eggs, salads and meats. I just want headaches to go away. I have lost 5lbs as of day 5. 

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 36Replies
  • 10044Views
  • 27 Following