Lonely!

Hi everyone

I've been on Carb Manager since July, but I haven't got any friends!! 😥😥

Is there anyone who would like to buddy up with me, for support and chat?

I live on the Isle of Wight  ( just off the south coast of England, for you guys in "foreign" places!), I'm 72, and still have 1.5 stone to lose ( having lost around 4.5)

13replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hello! I’ll chat with you.  😀 I’m from Ontario, Canada. I’ve been doing Keto for about 3 weeks now, along with intermittent fasting.  It has been going pretty good; no cravings and I’ve enjoyed my meals.  How has it been for you? 

Like 1
  • KristieF Hi Kristie

Nice to meet you!  I'd love to be friends with you and support each other - I'm not very good on computers, but I'll try not to lose you!!

• KristieF I've lost 17lbs on Keto since the middle of July, but I keep going up and down!  I'm a daily weigher, cos I find it helps me stay on track, but about every 5-7 days I put on about 1.5 pounds, then drop down about 2 in a couple of days - weird, eh??

• Congrats on losing 17lbs! I’ve lost 7lbs since I started which was about 4 weeks ago. I lost those in the first 2 weeks and since then nothing, but I’m sticking with it.  

• KristieF 7 in 4 weeks is good - about 2lbs a week!  They say to measure as well, as sometimes its size not weight that changes

• Mary Sexstone I lost the 7 lbs in the first 2 weeks, then nothing. I am sticking with it though because I feel better in general and am definitely less bloated. I didn’t take any body measurements when I started . Maybe I’ll do that this weekend. 

Like 1
    • dmdross
    • dmdross
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi! I’m happy to be a buddy! I’m pretty new to this-I started keto in mid-September and just finally started to lose a little 5.6 lbs. The carb manager app is what has made the difference. I’ve felt better on keto compared to any other diet. Good for you reaching out—it enabled me to as well 😁

Like 1
    • Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

KristieF Even when I stalled, I could still see changes in the body fat% on my scale, the mirror, belt holes and how clothing fit.  Most people appear to stall after the initial water weight is dropped, but things are happening.

Like 2
  • dmdross   I'm not good on these things!  Is there a way to buddy up privately, off the forums?

• Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Mary Sexstone yes, in this section of the forum, you can private message people.  In the main app, you can "friend" people and only your friends (and their friends) see those posts in the Newsfeed.  Your friends also see your recipes and daily logs, so you have to keep that in consideration.

Like 1
    • dmdross
    • dmdross
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

dmdross 

• dmdross
    • dmdross
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Mary Sexstone 

I sent you a direct message-hope you got it. 

• Yes, I would love to buddy up.  I'm 64 with 20 lbs to lose.   We have loved traveling in your part of the world. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 13Replies
  • 85Views
  • 4 Following