3 weeks in. Slow to ketosis. Fatigue.

Hi there, I've been on the Keto diet for 3 weeks.  I am 34, 183 lbs & 5Ft 7 inch.

I am aiming to be in a calorie deficit of 20%. 

The following are my desired macros. 

23 Nets carbs. 

142 G Fat

114 G Protein

1824 Net Calories. 

I have been overall good with inputting my food. I seem to be hitting 40Gnet carbs per day so that is a struggle. I need to get my carbs down, however I always hit my Fat & Protein intake.  I started testing for ketos with strips. I was in 30% ketosis for 1 day but out of it for the last 3 days. 

I've noticed that my mental focus is much better. This is welcome. However, my physical energy is almost non-existent. I'm down 50% in terms of my workouts (HITT& Weights) 

I do not have a scale but I do not feel like I've lost much weight. Maybe a few lbs in 3 weeks. 

It seems my body is slow to adopt this program which I plan on sticking with 100%.

My question is: Are there any people who took a month or more to gt into ketosis, and for the body to start losing th weight? 

Thanks!!!!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Ketogenic Karl
    • Eating the way Humans were designed to eat!!
    • Karkess
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Honestly,  it sounds like you're in a gray zone right now. You're not giving your body too many carbs to enter ketosis but not enough to fuel your body properly using glucose.  Instead of making it a goal to get down to 23 grams of carbs. Just plan your meals for 23 and make sure you drink plenty of water, up your salt intake and use electrolytes to avoid keto flu. 

That was the problem with Atkins, it kept people in a gray zone and while people did lose weight, most felt pretty crappy for their efforts.

Good luck!

Like 1
    • Ketogenic Karl
    • Eating the way Humans were designed to eat!!
    • Karkess
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

*****edit to above****

You're GIVING your body too many carbs to enter ketosis and not enough to fuel your body with glucose.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 62Views
  • 2 Following