My 5th day on BHB salts. Down to 234.8. Had a cheat meal in the mix and still moving downward. I am completely sold on them. #NextLevelKeto

13replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have been reading about this. It's essentially taken to help ease the transition through a ketogenic diet. Your not totally using your own body fat as a full potential for energy source. You would actually loose more body fat if you didn't take these supplements if your already fat adapted. It will raise your ketones but I'm in a position I don't need this stuff. My body is now using my own body fat for fuel. Wish I would have known about this stuff while transitioning though. I thought there was something really wrong with me for awhile. It was the keto flu lasting for weeks!

Like 3
  • I started taking them and by day 4 I had gained 6lbs. scared me so I stopped. It came right back off.  No cheats at all. I wonder if it made me retain water? 

Like 2
    • KBG
    • 馃崵馃馃嵆Sugar Free 馃馃馃崊
    • KBG
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carolmotsinger 1st thing I thought of as well was water retention. 

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carolmotsinger if your fat adapted - you really don't need this.  If your just starting out, use coconut oil in every coffee or heavy cream and ingest a lot more oils and fats. Avacado oil is good, a lot of them are good. Then wean off a little as week goes by. Try to aim for higher fat percentage on the app then recommended then bring it back to recommended percentage. It's mainly to help with the flu symptoms, or in the long run, for a little energy extra boost- but the body once fat adapted will burn that up first rather than your own body fats. If I have to do a lot more activity now- I will ingest a bit of coconut oils in my coffee. Start slow. 1/2 teaspoon and work your way up. I felt like dying for a little bit there for awhile- even went to the doc. Weaned myself off ccno and started multiple supplements - thyroid helpers- minerals - vit k - beef liver capsules- many more, and felt 100% Better within a day or two. I take about 7 supplements per day. 

Like 1
  • thanks. I should be fat adapted. I will have been keto for a year next month.  During the first 2 mths I lost 23lbs then it just stopped. No cheating. I have been stuck ever since bouncing between the same 5-6lbs. I keep trying different things but nothing working yet. I thought maybe the BHBs would kick start it back up but it didn't. I tried eating less fat and my arthritis pain comes back, still didn't start losing again. I tried eating less food, calorie restriction is the default to us who have tried losing for years. But the less I eat the more I gain. Weird. Started eating more again and lost back to the "set point" I'm stuck at. I hate tracking but do often to check and I am between 11 and 18 net carbs usually.  I take magnesium, Vit D, spirialia, and collagen. Just don't know what to try next. 

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carolmotsinger how long have you been stuck and how much more do you have to take off? Try decreasing protein a tad and keep the fat up? Cal restriction for me takes awhile to see results. Use clothing to judge the size and add some more walks. It may be a plateau that takes awhile for the body to wake up! I bet if your doing calorie restriction, eventually the body will come to grips with it. May take a few months. Less nuts also. That's my crytonite but I have read to eat less of them when at a plateau.  Try some carb ups too. Once a week. Good carbs like sweet potato- bowl or berries - complex carbs. Then see if that works a few weeks. Then do twice weekly. 

Like 2
  • badmojomn  I have been stuck bouncing between the same 5 lbs for about 9 mths now.  I still have at lest 20 lbs to go

• LeBlanc
    • KCKO!
    • LeBlanc
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I also have been using the BHB salts over a month now and like them. I don鈥檛 use it every day but in days where I feel I need extra energy around my 1pm lunch break. I also have a scoop on days where I feel I have eaten too many carbs but too many for me is over 20g lol!馃槢

• LeBlanc
    • KCKO!
    • LeBlanc
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carolmotsinger Don鈥檛 give up! Have you adjusted your macros at all? User badmojomn has given great advice that has helped me with a couple stalls I have had. I also use IF (intermittent fasting) every now and then as well. I don鈥檛 have the willpower just yet to do it all the time. 

Like 3
  • LeBlanc  ues I redid the macro calculator and just started using the carb manager app to track. It seems more accurate than MFP was.  So I hope to see a change soon. 

Like 4
    • LeBlanc
    • KCKO!
    • LeBlanc
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carolmotsinger Yass! Rooting for you. Update us with your progress in due time. 鉂わ笍

Like 2
    • yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carolmotsinger 

thanks for sharing you plateau story. What a pain those are 馃槺!!!

Wondering what ur doing for exercise. Strength training ? I鈥檝e heard that can knock out a plateau by altering metabolism in a way that lasts a while, longer than aerobics.

Whaddyathink ?

• wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Nice job! Thank you for posting... this is what keeps me going too!

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 13Replies
  • 493Views
  • 8 Following