Makes no sense

I have been tracking EVERYTHING and I am well under on my carbs everyday, well under in calories everyday and within 10 on my protein everyday and my fat varies bur is never over. I also check my ketones everyday and have been in moderate to high for a few weeks now. Despite all that I have been stuck on 242 lbs for a week now and today actually went up to 243.5...,it is so frustrating!! I am depriving myself of foods I love for what? I don’t have a mediating tape to check my measurements and honestly don’t care. My goal is to lose weight, to get to 220 lbs. I just don’t know what else to do! when the scale doesnt move for a week it’s very discouraging! I have also been walking 6 km minimum 3-5 days a week. I’m so ready to quit! 

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Newf1949
    • Newf1949
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I should add that I’ve also been doing the 18/6 intermittent fasting since I started a month ago and that I’ve lost 25 lbs overall. I just get very discouraged when a week goes by with nothing. It’s like I hit a wall and can’t get through it but I’m doing what I’ve done from the start! I also drink lots of water! 

Like 1
  • When you have a stall it's time to change something up. Your body has become used to the routine. You may want to consider trying some fasting, maybe a 18:6 or a 24 hour fast a couple times a week.  I have to change up my eating routine every two weeks or so or else I stall.  Also, I know you said you don't want to measure but they are much more accurate than the scale. Weight can fluctuate for any number of reasons including stress from frustration.  Try to focus on how well you've done so far and not focus on one bad week.  Slow and steady is the key.  You'll get there! 

Like 2
  • I completely understand your feelings. I started on May 5th. A majority of my weight was lost in the first 10-14 days. 12.2lbs. Since then the scale moves every day. The most I lost was 15lbs but the next day I gained 2 back. Like you I walk. I truly believe that the scale isn’t moving much for me because I am building muscle. I’ve gone down a lot of inches in my clothes and I feel overall much better. I am not going to quit because I feel that one day the scale will begin to move again in the right direction.  I really encourage you to not get stuck on numbers but rather how you feel and how your clothes fit. They always say it’s better to lose slowly to keep it off. Don’t give up.

Like 2
    • Kagome21
    • Kagome21
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello! I would suggest taking body measurements rather than rely soley on your scale- for example, I took measurements a week ago- for the last 4 days I’m stuck on EXACTLY the same weight (keeping strict macros and full blown ketosis), but I rechecked my measurements and I had lost INCHES in a week- with very little weight loss! Hipe that helps, it really helped my mood, I know

Like 2
    • Newf1949
    • Newf1949
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks for the motivation guys! I did go out and buy a tape to take my measurements. So hopefully that helps keep me motivated! I have switched things up, I have temporary stopped doing keto and switched to low fat/calorie high protein and fiber. Going to do that for a few weeks and then give keto another go! So far I feel great, I only went up 3 lbs during the switch and already have 2 of those off! I am now only weighing once a week because I know fluids will fluctuate a lot more now. I am not giving up, I loved keto and how it made me feel and will be starting it again in 2 weeks! Thanks again for the helpful tips and motivation! 

Like 1
    • Kagome21
    • Kagome21
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Newf1949 

I am stalled right now too since Monday when I started 16:8- carbs are under 15 g every day and all other macros are good- thinking I may try carb cycling to see if that works? I hate to do it if it doesn’t though

• Scooter
    • Scooter.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am experiencing the same thing.  I’m going to start measuring as well based on the comments above.  I do feel I’m getting smaller even if the scale isn’t moving.  I may try the intermittent fasting as well and I think I need to lower my carbs which are currently at 30 although I’m usually well under that.  Thank you!

Like 1
    • Kagome21
    • Kagome21
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Update: So I was stuck since Monday at 153.0lb, been eating 15 or less carbs and doing 16:8 all week. The only change I had was that last night I broke fast because I was STARVING around midnight and drank a bulletproof coffee and had a keto bar (bringing carbs to 16 yesterday since I had only eaten 11). Today the scale finally moved...DOWN (was not expecting that since I broke fast) a full pound to 152! So looking from a different perspective, perhaps I should only do a 16:8 fast a few days a week (or at least no consecutively)🤔

Like 1
  • How long has it been?  A true plateau is 6 weeks with no weight loss. Are you taking measurements? You could experience a whoosh at any moment. If you know you are doing everything right, be persistent. 

Like 2
Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 221Views
  • 7 Following