A little advice needed

Hi all. I’m new to this app and have been using to track my daily calories. I feel a lot less bloated but I am a little confused.

i have read numerous articles about Ketosis and most say that you have to be under/at 20g net carbs per day. When I started using this app and inputting all my info, it has at 37g net carbs allowed. I feel a lot lighter but I’m wondering if I am in Ketosis or not.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Nat
    • natone
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello? Anyone?

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hi Nat I am new only just starting week 3 so I am learning but I have read that to get into ketosis you need less than 20 net carbs a day . 20-50 net carbs is low carb diet where you will lose weight but not get into ketosis as far as I am aware.

I have a metallic taste in my mouth  and test using urine strips so I know I am in ketosis

Like 2
  • Hi , yes you have to be under 20 net. I used the urine strip twice at day to made sure I am in ketosis  (Keto strips from walmart or amazon)  . I stared with 40 net at day & I went down to 15 to 10 net. Try to go down a least 20 net & see 😊

Like 1
    • wamdesigns
    • Back at it again...
    • wamdesigns
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You can buy Ketone testing strips, they come with instructions on how to use them. 

You can get them in the diabetes section of a store. Or ask Pharmacist they get you in the right direction.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 110Views
  • 6 Following