Total Carbs or Net Carbs...?

I heard, that Total Carbs is what one should monitor and not Net Carbs...?

When I looked at my App I realized I'm tracking Net Carbs... I changed that setting and returned to My Daily Log... Big diff!!

Which would produce the best results for a eating/life style change and which is best for the dieter..?

Asking for a friend.

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I would say that if you have health issues, consider whole carbs  as it’s more strict but otherwise for weight loss net carbs are fine. Net carbs allow more flexibility such as more veggies, berries, low carb breads, depending on your carb limit.

Like 1
    • Ronford
    • Fin’l Advisor
    • Ronford
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

no health issues, but the difference in the two is significant.... for example I like the Kirkland Protein Bar (chocolate chip cookie dough), Net Carbs are 3 and the Total Carbs are 22... One protein bar on Total Carbs wrecks my whole 24g limit.... Perplexing at the least.

Like 2
  • Ronford 

Anything under 50g carb you should be fine. I recommend you google net carbs and why fiber and sugar alcohols are deducted.

Like 1
    • Ronford
    • Fin’l Advisor
    • Ronford
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

e2a93469-7dd9-076e-851b-f829dfccecb2 Thanks! I'll do that.

I could stand doing 50g Total....I'm staying within the 24g on Net pretty well.

Thanks for your help.

• 1Fitbabe
    • 1Fitbabe
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Ronford I am tracking net carbs. I have read that sugar alcohols can be deducted. But I have read other reports that they do effect blood sugar. Regardless I don’t use foods with sugar alcohols - except syrup - cus they upset my stomach. 

Like 1
  • Ronford had the same confusion ova Whitman’s pecan crown as it 1g net carb but add my total carb from 15 to 33  . So was wondering why it was so high . Then which  carb to follow Net or Total .

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 108Views
  • 4 Following