Supplements- what do you take and why?

I've been on keto 2mths now, but worried I may not be getting all the nutrients I need, in particular calcium.  I changed to black coffee, and although I eat a varied diet including cheese, meats, vegetables and nuts, the amount of dairy I consume now is much less.

Are there any supplements that are recommended on a keto diet? What so you take and why/why not?

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Been maintaining weight a long time and I still drink my electrolyte powder water and add 1/8 tsp of lite salt per liter.    Also take magnesium at bedtime. 

• Tegan
    • Tegan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have increased my salt intake too.  Were you getting muscle cramps, hence the need for magnesium supplements?

Like 1
    • migsmom
    • 655721be553932629b01
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Tegan 

No, never had muscle cramps.  Magnesium is calming, helps to relax the body for sleep.  

• Kathy
    • Kathy.48
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I take Opti-Women which gives me my nutrients that I might not getting.  I feel great and not tired so they do help.  I take two a day at lunch and have been doing that since 24th July.

• Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I take a multi-vitamin and psyllium husk powder as needed.  If I don't take the multi-vitamin, I'll find myself dragging in the afternoon, so whatever I'm missing, it definitely makes up for.  Before using CM, I had no idea how little fiber I was getting and the psyllium husk powder helps balance that out.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 129Views
  • 4 Following