Advice on macros

Hello! I am 132 lb 5’7 and female.

I have my macros set to 166g carbs , 51 g fat and 162 grams protein.  A little over 2000 calories. 

I find it hard to eat so much carbs as I was on a low carb diet my entire life!  And I usually only reach 1,600  calories. Should I eat more? 

I am gyming 3-4 times a week and trying to gain muscle and be more lean. Should I make any adjustments to my macros?  

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • dshean87
    • Makeup junkie and cubicle supervisor
    • dshean87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Holy crow! Are you trying to follow Keto or low carb? I am not sure if 166g was a typo? My net carb goal is 15g and I am 5'1 153 lb female. To me that seems too high on protein as well for keto compared to the fat macro. 

Like 2
    • Mel
    • Mel.29
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

dshean87 neither! I want to eat a balanced ratio. I’m not sure why this app is making me eat so many calories. Even though it’s at 2000 calories, apparently I am still in a deficit so I should lose weight which is strange to me! :(

• Mel , a Ketogenic group may not be the best place to look for advice if you are trying to eat that many carbs. Those figures are no where near what the balance needs to be if you are looking to lose weight by following a ketogenic lifestyle.  Checkout https://www.ketoconnect.net/calculator/ and look to see where you need to be for this way of eating. Be sure to adjust the deficit if you are looking to lose weight!

Like 1
  • Have you used this app to set the correct macros? You can eat to little and not lose. 

• tiffsterr
    • tiffsterr
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I could also use some advice with regard to macros...

I'm just on day 7 and still figuring out the app and the diet info.  Did anyone tweak their macros when they started or even after you started?  I slightly decreased the fat goal to 64%, 23% protein and 13% carb because wasn't sure the protein level was high enough to support muscle gain from working out.  I am just wondering if athletes do typically change their macros and how they determine how to adjust them.

• tiffsterr  The only time the app tweaks my macros is when I updated it because of weight loss.  I am sure athletics do a carb/protein push before a game or event.  

The app knows where I should be for a 2 lb a month weight loss. Protein does turn into glucose (what I have read) .  

I have lost 9.5 lbs in 16 days so their calculations is working for me. 

Good luck 

Like 1
    • KC
    • seashell_station
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yeah...this is a ketogenic forum...you should probably try a different category in the CM forums.  

• tiffsterr
    • tiffsterr
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have been in ketosis 14 days straight now, did I say something wrong?  I was just wondering if anyone tweaks the standard macro that is set in the app.  I'm not trying fall out of ketosis, I am wondering how people are maximizing their individual nutritional needs. 

• tiffsterr I change my settings to reflect my weight loss so the macros change with that :)

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 191Views
  • 6 Following