Enter weight loss here- start of your journey date - begging and end goals- GO!

I started at 188 pounds May 11, I'm 5'6. I noticed the start of my body transform on month 3, weigh in now at 173 Oct.6.  Goal weight 160 for now.

***Post your pants getting looser or your belly going down, family and friends noticing your thinning out, or the scale! Keep it simple and short. Post every few weeks or so for needed encouragement for everyone😊.

Words of encouragement for the journey of ketonians and low carb followers, stay on it no matter what! 

402replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Withrow Urban Homestead
    • Retired Teacher, Wife, Mother, Grandmother & YouTube Blogger
    • Withrow_Urban_Homestead
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

bigjailerman5d6f thank you 😁

• Withrow Urban Homestead Thank you for sharing. I also walk knees permitting 4-6 days a week. Have the large coffee with heavy cream in the morning. Then cup of small curd cottage cheese with some blueberries and strawberry. Then nothing until dinner. grass fed beef, salad or squash like that. 85% dark choc for snack at night or a little fruit Sometimes replace the cottage cheese with 3 range fed eggs with gass fed butter, and avocado for mid day toward 2pm. Also snack on organic cheese. Nothing happening seem to be locked in at the 13-15 lb weight loss. Much to go. 

Like 1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lanememory4c02 sorry your weight loss has stalled. I’ve been there and it is frustrating. 

• scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I started at 327.2 lbs on June 11th. I'm 5'10". I eased into Keto over the course of a few weeks. The first 3 weeks I just lowered my carb intake, cutting out breads and pastas. Weeks 4-5 I started a lazy keto where I drastically cut out other sources of sugar and carbs, but wasn't tracking anything. After that I found the Carb Manager app (one recommended by Keto Connect on YouTube, who I also recommend checking out among others).

I'm now on week 9 of my new lifestyle and have lost roughly 32 pounds. I noticed a couple shirts fitting a little more loosely and I had to remove a link out of my watch. I had a friend at church say that my face seemed thinner. So I guess my body decided to lose in my wrists and face first? Weird, but I'll take it. I feel much better physically and mentally for sure.

My goal weight is 185 (if my body allows me) before I begin to shift my numbers to start a gym membership and build muscle. Only 110 lbs to go!

Like 3
    • scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lanememory4c02 How long has your weight loss stall been taking place? You might need to play around with what you are eating. Sometimes getting rid of fruit (fructose) can get your body back to burning fat vs storing fat. I know that foods work differently for everyone, but I have little to no fruit daily, minus fresh squeezed lemon juice occasionally or a couple sips of our homemade kombucha with berries in it.

Like 1
  • scjudd1986 Thank for that. I eat some perhaps even a little fruit. a peach now and then. A few cherries, a half cup of blueberries with cottage cheese in the morning. I started at 249.5 and yesterday was 235. My target is 200, which seems doable even though my loss has slowed to a crawl or even a stop. The time frame is now over 3 months. While in weight loss circles a pound a week would be consider just fine on average. Perhaps my expectations or to high. By the way do you eat grass fed beef, grass fed butter, organic chicken, heavy cream for coffee and keto drinks to supplement a meal or two?

Like 1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

scjudd1986 you are doing great!

• 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lanememory4c02 I try to eat organic & grass fed but more for anti inflammatory than Keto. Peaches & cherries would stall my weight loss. I too can’t eat even berries and lose. Those are maintenance foods for me. 

My husband has berries with whipped cream every day and loses easily so all our bodies are different. I use Premier Protein shakes to make milkshakes & ice cream which he also eats daily with no problem. Again for me those are maintenance foods. 

If slower weight loss doesn’t discourage you then eat what keeps you satisfied. If you want to speed it up then cutting out fruit and only 2 to 3 meals a day will lower your insulin and speed up results. 

• Withrow Urban Homestead Interesting one forum member said eat more fat less protein.  Now cut out peaches and berries..I can't eat things like lard, and even my grass fed beef or chicken breast is fairly lean. The most fat I get is when I have eggs, grass fed butter and avocado for breakfast and lunch. I walk about 8-10k steps a day. Plus i have the perfect keto coffee in the morning and sometimes one at night.

Like 2
  • Withrow Urban Homestead Thank you for that response. 

Like 1
  • 01.01.18 275lbs. 

Current (17.08.18) 229lbs. (-46lbs)

Next goal : reach 199lbs. 

I struggle to see changes in my body but I can't see improvements in my face, shoulders and waist. Lost 2 dress sizes!

Like 1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Short&Rexy great results!

• scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

@lanememory4c02  Great job on the 14 lbs down! I started at 327.2 and am down around 33 lbs after 9 weeks.

I do not eat grass fed beef all the time. We had bought a quarter beef from a local, family raised butchered cow, but we're about out of that meat sadly. I do a bulletproof coffee every morning (coffee, 2TB of grass fed butter, and 1TB of MCT oil), eat lunch around 2:00, and dinner around 7:00. Sometimes we'll have a keto dessert based on out macros, which will put me finished eating around 8:00. So I do a bulletproof intermittent fast with a 18:6 eating window.

Like 1
  • Hi - I started in May, I think (can't remember the exact date). I was very careful and used the app for about 6 weeks. Most of the weight I've lost was in that period. Since then, I've been not as careful -- I'll have bites of this and that here and there, but I'd say that 80-90% of the time, I'm eating carefully. I have not put anything back on and am still losing (but much more slowly).

Starting weight: 190

Current weight: 171.6 this morning!

I have noticed a big difference. It took over 2 months for anyone else to.

I dug out a box of old shorts and capris about 3 weeks ago and they all fit! Now some of them are too loose. So that's been huge for me. Very rewarding.

My husband started in June and is also down about 20 lbs. He's being so strict that I don't think he's even doing it right... but it's working.

Congrats to all ou tthere. Keep up the good work!

Like 1
  • Started LC in May, but really learned about Keto and VLCHF and IF and started that in mid-June. Have lost 20 lbs. since May 1. Very happy with progress and results.😻

Like 1
    • renapink
    • renapink
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am 5'6", sw 219.4 (hw 235) cw 206.2 1st goal is 199 (ONEderland!) I'm seeing my back fat slim down!!! Oh and I started June 9, 2018

Like 1
  •  I started my journey on August 18th 2018. it is now August 27th and I am down 7 lb. I think I'm going to like this way of eating.

• Trianera
    • Trianera
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Started yesterday. 

177. Goal 155.

I hope it gets me there by December  31st! 

• Started Aug 4th @ 340#.  Today I am 318 after 6 weeks!  Diet only. No exercise.  GW 185.  Hoping to be under 300 by December 1st.  

Like 1
  • bigjailerman5d6f 

Update to below.. 

9/19/18.   275lbs down from 315 June 1, 2018.

Hello all

Update...

After a little lull in actual weight loss, it started again. after a week of vacation of all things. Was stuck at 287..

Last post one month ago

Started June 1, 2018 at 315

Ten days ago stuck at 287

This morning 285...I'm happy again.  Honestly though even though scale didn't move during the last 2 weeks or so,  my clothes felt bigger.  I started working out a bit as well so all adds up. 

This diet lifestyle had become easy tounderstand and navigate it. 

• Almost done with week 5. SW 220 CW 211

• I started August 19 at 268.  I was at 256 last week but now I'm 258 and bummed I went UP.  I posted on the newbie board about this, I had ONE meal that was not Keto, could just one meal do that?  I enter my macros on the app and have been really on otherwise, I'm doubling down now and hoping that was just a blip.  I'm 44 and 5'10" and my goal is to get under 200.  (My total start was 270 in early August - I lost a little bit right before starting this Keto plan, so maybe that's my real start weight).

• Katie Murphy remember you are still new at this. Your body is going to try to hold on to the weight at all cost. I started Aug 18th and 51yrs old.

Like 1
    • Nomadikhan
    • Equipment Operations Team Lead
    • Nomadikhan
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My wife and I started keto 4 weeks ago.  I am 5' 11".  My highest weight wad 208, but cutting soda in the past i dropped to 200~.   I started keto at 196.  As of this morning I am 181.2 for a total lost of 14.8.

This is crazy exciting for me.  I am not a fan of diets because they all consist of weird foods and super tiny portion sizes.   Keto is different, majorly so.

The foods are what our body needs and what i like already.  MEAT, moderations of cheese,  salads, and eggs.  Best of all, I've naturally reduced my intake as what im eating doesn't leave me craving an entire pizza!

Even my wife likes it, her back and hip pain are nearly gone, her blood pressure is down, and her blood sugar is more acceptable!

Like 1
  • Down 5" since September 4th

Like 1
Like70 Follow
  • 70 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 402Replies
  • 9364Views
  • 222 Following