3 days on Keto

Hello everyone it's nice to meet you all! I'm glad to be here using an app specifically for the healthy lifestyle that I want to live. I'd love to meet and talk to you all and hear about your journeys. 

11replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Edited the title for clarity. Welcome to the keto lifestyle and congrats on your amazing results so far! Please let us know a little bit more about your journey, your goals, and your new diet and we'd love offer feedback and encouragement.

• IsabeausRose
    • Trying to maintain a healthy weight
    • IsabeausRose
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Well I've already lost 55 pounds with 16 left to go. I was following my doctors advice and lowered my carbs and increased my protein but I was still hungry all the time because my fat percentage was still low. So now with being so close to my goal I wanted to find a way to lose the last few pounds without being so hungry and have heard the keto diet really keeps you full. I'm eating about 5% carbs or less than 20 grams, 20 % protein and 70% fat. I do exercise, I walk about 5 miles a day. Around 10,000 steps but with the weather getting colder and wetter I will have to switch to an indoor activity soon. So that's me right now. I'm up a pound today I think from adding too much salt to my diet and/or the increase in veggies.

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

IsabeausRose lovely to 'meet' you 🌷 What an amazing lady losing 55lbs whilst still being hungry 🙌 That's what I call determination.  Your life is going to improve 😀 I've just completed 5 weeks total Keto without any hunger & lost 16lbs ~ which would have you at goal! I'm not excerising due to (unrelated to Keto) health issues but 2 yrs ago did my 10-15k steps a day with joy, I hope I can again. Where abouts in the world are you? I only ask because I bought a full length water/wind proof coat, waterproof walking boots, hat, gloves, multi scarves the full works and actually loved my winter walking more than summer.  There's something amazing being correctly dressed in driving rain & not a soul in the world around you 😍 But snow safety is another issue. (UK)

Try to be confident and stay off the scales for at least a week. You do need extra salt & lots of fats until you get into ketosis & then become fat adapted so the scales can vary a lot at first.  There are some very knowledgeable & supportive people here, happy to share generously their experiences. Pinterest has plenty of Keto recipes just watch out for artificial sweeteners... A website /YouTube I like but don't eat entirely like, is Leanne at Healthful Pursuits. Best wishes.

• IsabeausRose
    • Trying to maintain a healthy weight
    • IsabeausRose
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I live in the Pacific Northwest, washington state in the USA. The weather here is similar to the U.K. I've been told many times. Lots of rain and grey skies. I decreased my carbs for a week down to 40 grams prior to going keto and lost 5 pounds last week so that's probably why I'm not seeing the tremendous initial weight loss that usually goes with the first week of keto. I find I seem to have more success if I count total carbs instead of net carbs thus decreasing my carb intake overall but still keeping my calories at 1200.  I need to bundle up like you do for the rain. I'll walk in the rain I love it. Just not in the snow and ice. Congratulations on losing those 16 pounds! Maybe I can get there in 5 weeks. Nice to meet you too Joanna

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

IsabeausRose  don't panic I am not after an invite, but Washington State is on our bucket list, (part of loving following the Rockies).  Wyoming is our favourite state so far with The Grand Tetons & Yellowstone ~ bliss you are so fortunate.  Every state we've visited we've loved! BC & Alberta our Canadian favourites 😀

I will enjoy watching/sharing your journey, you've really done so well! as I get nearer goal I feel sure my relaxed attitude will have to buckle down as I count nothing, just have 2 plates of the 'right foods' maybe one snack of nuts late afternoon  (I do weigh or count these due to high calories). Have a great weekend ☔️

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi IsabeausRose and hi again Joanna !

youre doing GREAT IsabeausRose —- How sweet !  I do think  it’s great to add some kind of exercise to this, even something like light swimming or slow pedaling - not necessarily long or too aerobic. Just to get our bodies moving and you’ve been doing that. This is the greatest site and welcome to it !! 🌺

Like 1
    • yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna 

We have just moved to the Columbia Gorge and the Wash State line pretty much comes right down this river. Let us know if your bucket list ever finds its way near here !🏡🌲🍃🌿🌊

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yatesa12 I feel sure you know how fortunate you are (!) living by such beauty. Will Google for more than the utter basics that I know...

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna 

Yah not sure where you reside, but my life took me to Miami FL from Chicago due to my dad’s job, then to 10 Yrs on a cruising sailboat ( my 20s) then Michigan for med school. Then to a  6000 person town in Montana for my first practice and then out to Oregon 10 yrs ago. Westward ho it was for me eventually. We spend time in all 3 of these grand states and loving all of them. Yes do come by if you ever have the chance to😊

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK I’m just starting 3rd week now and two new things: 

1. Heavy lifting past few days with this house 🏡 move. I generally swim 20-30 minutes laps each day and haven’t stopped w starting keto. Generally feel strong but didn’t yesterday. All day long pretty 🤢 pukey. So will see how this goes today with more heavy lifting on the schedule. Thinking it might be worth it to just “eat regular” on a day one must do more than usual physically. 

2.  Ha ha, so invited to dinner last night by some new friends and potential bz partners for my husband. Family dinner and so well done and by the business owner herself (!!), that I decided to just enjoy the meal with everybody. Ha including home made apple pie w ice cream. 

Had gotten down 6# by morning yesterday. Today back up 2 (!!)  

Had gotten past trace to keto 1.5 yesterday. This morning, natch 0 keto  

So today will go strict keto, keep under 20 maybe down to 12.  10 glasses water

Want to see  how many days strict keto will it take to up keto strip measures  and to restart start weight drop trajectory. Will keep u posted !

Also have ordered keto powder to arrive on Tuesday.  Will see how that affects this all.  

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yatesa12 

If I wind up feeling 🤢 pukey next 2 days while in this big move project, I might need to eat more normally and then restart again on Tues Wed.  Will let you know - it’s so great to be accountable. Thanks so much for your support !

ati

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 11Replies
  • 134Views
  • 4 Following