back on the keto train

hi carbkiller here, not new to keto but new to this app.  looking to get motivated about going thru another round of keto.  low carb is standard for me now, but i need to go back to the big number losses and  ride the strict keto train again .  hope this app is helpful

19replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi 👋 I love the forum section not so sure about the food listing section as I am too laid back about counting at the moment although very strict about no cheats. 

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there carbkiller ! Sounds like you’ve been going on and off strict keto. I’m experimenting with this too. Since there are some nice healthy things about, well, eating food ... 😏.... I’m working out how, for this mind and bod of mine, it might work out 🏋️ to have times for social eating ( still real healthy!) and also maintain my own ideal bodyweight and fitness. In the middle of an experiment like this right now .....

• none
    • none
    • none
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yatesa12 i do prefer not to live strict keto 24/7 i just think its very important to get the veggies and fruits in from time to time   plus i miss juicing.  i do exercise when i can.  but need more i mean who doesnt.  i wishyou well on your journey and hope you have amazing success.  as i get older i feel if i dont take care of myself then i wont be able to take care of no one else.. basically i wont be able to do my job    im always looking for new recipes , so if theres any u really love drop me a line  that  would be great  good luck !!!

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey there thanks and everything you just said just speaks to me - and for me as well ha ha !  So I’ve just updated my experiment below ( under Low Carb Chat “experiment in progress starting today “). Join in if you’d like to I’m pretty much talking to myself in that -as an accountability method - and hoping to attract the interested (!). Joanna ‘s in there cuz she’s so cool and always here for everybody !

I have started using MCT ( medium chain triglycerides ) in coffee in the morning which so far looks untouched in the medical literature as far as causing harm.  It’s a 0 calorie 0 net carb ( has some fiber) energy source that basically staves off hunger ha ha not necessarily appetite (!). Not in any way an “upper” or a stimulant that way.

That’s not quite a recipe (!). I’m trying with some success (although with much more than usual organic dairy -cheese, cream, grk yoghurt) to keep my intake organic and healthy in spite of low carb high fat medium protein %ages.

So totally agree with idea of fruit and veggie breaks ! Working out healthy and successful ways to do this best I can 

Talk soon !

• Hi, I am liking the app a lot. I track everything, including my exercise. I walk about 2 miles a day with my dogs. Today is my 4th day on the plan, been going good so far! 

Like 1
    • yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sherrijperry  

Great for you, I'm liking it as well. What a sophisticated thing this and it's an ap !

Like 1
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sherrijperry FYI  if your walking that much  download “sweatcoin” from the app store pays u for your steps check it out! 🙂

• none
    • none
    • none
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sherrijperry welcome to the super massive black hole of low carb/ keto sherry😜  keep up the good work and remember GO KETO or go home  lol jk glad your here kerpus posted on your success thats what we are here for🙂

Like 1
    • none
    • none
    • none
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

confession:   i havent even looked thru the app yet🙃

• carbkiller001 

i will check it out!

• none
    • none
    • none
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ok tomarrow i start back for one month strict strict strict keto. bulletproof coffee for breakfast , u know the drill and tredmill( my tredmill misses me)  for anyone who is interested ill post the progress daily and ill be brutally honest!   wish me luck  follow my one month  progress. assuming there is progress im kidding i know there will be progress im shooting for 15 pounds but at the same time ill let keto do its thing  ok guys off to eat a donut🍩😜   but just one

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK if you start a new thread, maybe under Low Carb Chat or maybe under Progress, I will join in with you on daily progress reports, as I'm turning a leaf tomorrow as well.

You might remember that during my daughter's 5 day visit, I loosened up on things and gained back net 2 #.  

Tomorrow, I'll go back on LCHF routine with 12%net carbs 25% protein, 63% fat, which is 23g net carbs, 49g pro and 55g fat. Anticipating 2 pounds drop per week and keto positive by day 3 of this, starting tomorrow morning. 

Will keep you and any others posted !

Ati

• stacemont
    • stacemont
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carbkiller001  I use sweatcoin! I walk 3-4 days a week so I love it! I just started doing this Keto thing Sunday and have lost 4 lbs already . So far so good!

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carbkiller001 

OK if you start a new thread, maybe under Low Carb Chat or maybe under Progress, I will join in with you on daily progress reports, as I'm turning a leaf tomorrow as well. 

You might remember that during my daughter's 5 day visit, I loosened up on things and gained back net 2 #.   

Tomorrow, I'll go back on LCHF routine with 12%net carbs 25% protein, 63% fat, which is 23g net carbs, 49g pro and 55g fat. Anticipating 2 pounds drop per week and keto positive by day 3 of this, starting tomorrow morning.  

Will keep you and any others posted !

Ati 

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

stacemont 

whazzz sweatcoin ?

• none
    • none
    • none
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yatesa12  i took your advice  and  started mt thread “ progress report” in the progress forum.  i invite u  to come in onthe convo and maybe make each other accountable  a little help never hurts🙂 talk soon

• none
    • none
    • none
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

yatesa12 hey yates sweatcoin is an app thatyou canrun in the background that tracks your step and you earn coins then u can spend them on the items they offer you , nike  gift cards , health gear,  forever 21 card  things like that  but  mostly accepts your  outdoor steps as verified and usable indoor steps get counting but are not verified most times  i have no idea how they  know the difference  lol mind boggling🙂

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ha ha great I might look into it - have a fitbit on my wrist and just look at it from time to time. I'll get right on your Progress Report now !

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carbkiller001 

YAH!

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 19Replies
  • 200Views
  • 5 Following