A temporary fall from grace..... eek 😬

Well I guess it had to come? It would have been 12 weeks straight Keto by Friday 26.8lbs lost to date.

i was having a great day up at 5am, slept well,  planning to fast until 1-2pm when I got a phone call to go for my heart CT scan at 3:30 (problems before Keto) but must not eat 3 hours before... so that took my fast past where I wanted.... by the time the scan was done and 30 minutes had followed it so they could take the cannula out of my vein, it was a 24hr fast! I was feeling starved! The hospital has a Marks & Spencer food store ~ i’ll Get some chicken slices thought I..... it all had added sugar! Cut a long story a little shorter ~ I bought a box of 3 milk chocolate walnut whips, 2 cream scones with jam & a bag of chocolate covered peanut butter &  caramel chunkies! What the heck?!!!!! No sugar chicken slices though.

back in my car I ate, felt sick, ate some more felt more sickly drove slowly home took 75mins gave the leftovers to my husband to work out what I had eaten ~ 77g carbs, 700 calories and 59g sugar no wonder I feel terrible and have groaned or slept on the sofa since!!

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Shaking & sweating 😅 feeling awful, weak.

hubby getting me a small bowl of keto stew & cheese. ❤️

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna oh dear. Lesson learned ?

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn 2 lessons for the price of one.... don’t fast for 24 hrs and eating crap makes me feel crap 🤢🤢🤢 ~ pardon my French! Looking forward to bacon & egg today 🙄 no more ‘sugar shakes’ for me thank you they are frightening. ~ I only enjoyed the first 3 bites anyway so what a waste of a blow out!

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna Well I slipped up. I couldn't resist the chocolate layered piece of cake yesterday. I know I would feel like crud after but I ate 75% of the slice. I did feel bloated, nausea, and this morning - COMPLETE body edema! I have even edema in my face from my pillow making marks, on my arms, etc. I think I learned a lesson the hard way. 

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn 😋 ~ but empathy & a hug 🤗 we just can’t help desiring what our former life found pleasurable reward food occasionally ~ provided there’s enough time between lapses we will win out! 🙌 I predict time between will become longer when it makes us feel so crud.

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna I can tell you this, I learned. I won't do it again for a long long time. 

Like 2
    • crex52
    • Retired English teacher
    • crex52
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna! You are English. I’m an Anglophile (retired English teacher whose grandparents were born in Sussex) and I can tell you that if I were in a M&S and saw their scones and clotted cream, I would be a goner right now. You are doing great and I love your posts. I have dealt with addiction with family members and know that backsliding is part of recovery. Keep the faith and you will be back on track soon.

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

crex52 oh thank you! Hope you have received my email regarding your being an Anglophile. I can only apologise for my putting my head in the sand when it comes to letting myself and/or others down. I hide away..... feel really determined to get back on track fully.  I only went 2 weeks after my first fall off the Keto wagon but even worse the fall lasted 2 weeks! Good to know all this is part of ‘recovery’ in the bigger scheme of fighting addictions to sugar & carbs. Still stayed alcohol free 🙌🎉🎉🎉

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 245Views
  • 4 Following