Sorted / Combined Grocery List

I would love to see improvements to the grocery list. I know the cookbook / grocery list feature isn't the main focus of the app, but for me it was the selling point. I want one app that will track my nutrition, store my recipes, and create a shopping list. Carb Manager is the only program (to my knowledge) that will do that. But the shopping list is borderline unusable--everything gets dumped into the list with no sorting, so you might have 1 pound of chicken as item five and then 2 pounds of chicken as item 65. I can live without items being grouped, but I'd love to see them be sorted. Or if they aren't sorted, let me manually sort them. I'd be happy to create folders / aisle names and then check off hamburger meat, chuck roast, and chicken and click to place them under "Meat" as a for-instance. 

Thanks for the consideration.

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • jim7567g
    • jim7567g
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I agree, it will be improvements like this that will keep me subscribing to the service.

Like 1
  • The shopping list also just dumps in the amount of food for the servings (if recipe is 6 servings it puts in food for six people).    You cannot do the recipe for one and then have it put on the shopping list.  It wants me to buy way above what is required for the amount of food I actually need.  For a single serving the list is useless.

Like 1
    • arkali
    • arkali
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm thinking I'm going to have to have a secondary app for cooking and shopping, which is a shame. I'd really wanted one app to rule them all :p Whether or not I'll stay premium remains to be seen since it looks like I'll need to also buy a cooking app. 

• YES Please, this app needs a grocery list. A list of Ingredients to purchase for meals in a selected date range with all ingredients consolidated to a total sum for each ingredient.

Like 1
  • Thanks for all the great feedback, everyone. We've updated the shopping list so it now will scale recipes based on the number of people you are shopping for. We've also improved sorting and the display of serving sizes. Happy shopping!

• How do you use the shopping list feature? I don’t see a way to create one.

Like 1
Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 360Views
  • 6 Following