Intermittent Fasting Success

Intermittent Fasting has been the key to my 105 lbs weight loss. I enjoy a large coffee with heavy cream in the morning then don’t get hungry until around 2pm. Having one big meal late afternoon keeps me full and satisfied. Anyone else doing intermittent fasting?

20replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • that is exactly what I do!! I have 40 pounds down, and 40 more to make goal! Heavy cream is my joy! lol I eat a big salad, with shredded meat, and bacon/guac with ranch.  It is a long meal.  I really enjoy the solitude of it.  My family gets a different meal in the evening.  and I put away the meat from it for my salad the next day! ♥

Like 5
    • Withrow Urban Homestead
    • Retired Teacher, Wife, Mother, Grandmother & YouTube Blogger
    • Withrow_Urban_Homestead
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My husband gets a different meal in the evening too. I’m blessed he is supportive of me doing what works for me. 

Like 1
  • Yep. Coffe with some heavy cream in the morning. And normally only eat a large dinner. I love it. Down 62lbs since jan 

Like 4
    • Jener38
    • Jener38
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am fasting also but I eat 2 meals a day. I am unable to get all my macros in doing only 1 meal.

Like 4
    • scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is what I’m doing as well, though instead of heavy cream I have 2TB of butter and 1TB of MCT oil. Keeps me satisfied until 1:30 and I have my lunch at 2, dinner around 7. Keeps me going and I’m 31.4 lbs down so far with another 100 to go. 

Like 3
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

scjudd1986 congrats on the success!  Thanks for sharing. 

Like 1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jener38 great job doing what works for you!

• 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

rachelalexis237560 62lbs Celebrate!

Like 2
  • I do same... I eat a bigger meal between 1 and 3 ish whenever I get hungry. I have coffee with cream in the morning and usually plain tea at night. 

Like 1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

itsdesertflower2845 nice to hear IF works for you too. 

• I'm still have my 3 meals a day. My plan to do intermittent fasting if I hit a plateu. Congratulations on your success!

• Pa Leti
    • Pa_Leti
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Has anyone tried low carb beer when fasting? I have seen article here 

https://www.ketowiz.com/low-carb-taco-bell/ where it says that taco bell serves low carb beer. Does that will not make me sick?
  • How do you log in your coffee I. The morning, so that the app doesn’t count it as you breaking your fasting?

• Josie Coronado When you log it, go to the time on the coffee, click it and hit clear so it removes the time. Opps... you probably know that by now! 

• DanW
    • DanW
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm glad you didn't notice the date on that post! The original poster may have learned how to delete his time so as not to have the program break his fast, but I had no clue and just finished a search to find out how, or if it could even be done. 2 days into the program and I'm slowly, very slowly, making some sense of it.

Like 1
  • DanW The thought it may help someone else is the reason I didn't delete the post. LOL Welcome aboard, and good luck with your journey!

• Tegan
    • Tegan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'd read that black coffee is fine whilst in the 'fasting' phase of your day, but adding cream/oils etc surely means you are no longer fasting?  We have black coffee till noon, then eat lunch and a dinner.  On holiday recently where breakfast was provided, we ate that, then had nothing till dinner at night other than a black coffee or water.

• cldiver
    • cldiver
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Pa Leti 

• cldiver
    • cldiver
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cldiver Pa Leti 

Beer isn’t the best for keto but when I want a beer I like the MGD 64. It’s low carb but offers no other macros so you’d still want to limit your intake based on your daily goals.

• Jeffrycar
    • Jeffrycar
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have read differing opinions as to whether the addition of heavy cream breaks the fast.  With my carbs at an extremely low level existing on black coffee alone during a fast was turning me into a Zombie. Since I like to exercise vigorously an hour each day this was a problem. Adding the cream gives me the fat energy I need to nourish my brain and give me energy to complete my workout. 

Like10 Follow
  • 10 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 20Replies
  • 1310Views
  • 14 Following