• Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Red2019
    • Red2019
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I need some help...I tried to make these last night but no matter how long I beat the Meringue it never did form soft peaks.  It stayed completely runny.  What did I do wrong?

• Karina
    • Karina.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This has to be more then 0.5 net carbs. 

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Karina Nope, look at the ingredients.  I'd never looked up unsweetened coconut before-- 8g net carbs in a cup.  1 for the eggs, that's only 9.  There might be one or two in the other ingredients.  Divided by 30 cookies.  Cool, I love meringues.

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Red2019 I have the worst luck with meringue and whipped cream.  I have heard that it helps to put all your items in the freezer, foods and tools, and get them all very cold.  Thanks for posting this, it looks like a great recipe.

• Karina
    • Karina.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake there’s a cup of swerve. Divided into 30 that’s more then 4 carbs alone 

• Karina
    • Karina.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Not to mention the Bavarian extract. That’s more carbs. 

For low carb folks this is fine. I’m strict Keto. There’s lots we can’t have. 

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Karina 1C of Swerve= 0 net carbs.  240 total carbs. It continues to be a mystery to me where the carbs from erythritol and monkfruit belong, as they are not fiber and are not counted as net carbs.  But the queston was net carbs, not total, and I can easily see this recipe being .5 net carbs.   I didn't see the amount of extract, but extracts are usually used in pretty small amounts, certainly not enough to make a difference divided by 30.

Just found this on google:

"Erythritol is a sugar alcohol which is indigestible by humans. Since we don’t have the necessary enzyme, it is passed through the body without the negative effects of sugar. Most of it is actually released unaltered through our urine! It has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized by oral bacteria so it doesn’t cause tooth decay. It is, effectively, 0 net carbs."

Like 3
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Red2019 I was incorrect about the ingredients needing to be cold. Apparently that's true of whipped cream. Just the opposite for meringue. Check out this article: https://www.thespruceeats.com/biggest-mistakes-when-making-meringue-2245941

Thanks for posting this recipe. I'm supposed to bring a dessert to a dinner tonight. I was just going to pick up something non keto for the others. However perhaps I will have a try at making these meringues. I'm doing no dairy for the month of April and I've been craving fat bombs already, but all my fat bombs have dairy in them. so maybe one of these will do the trick.

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 216Views
  • 7 Following