No sugar

Hello everyone 😁 anyone  know any apps or recipes for food or snacks with no sugar I'm currently doing the Mediterranean diet. But looking to cut down on sugar thank you!!!
Also any fatty liver tips? 
Currently down 30 pounds!!!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Noelle
    • Noelle.4
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Awesome job on the weight loss! Have you tried searching for recipes on Pinterest? I’ve had a lot of success with recipes on there with my diet!

• VickP
    • 60something Domestic Maintenance I&C Planner/Engineer in charge of indulged Canines and seasoned senior Humanoid
    • Vick.1
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    marrufo06 said:
    Also any fatty liver tips? 

(Not a med pro...just blessed to have some well education nutritional and med folks in my life who don't mind me bugging the snot out of them with questions😜)

The diet you have chosen is actually a good diet to help w/ fatty liver thanks the the nature of the make of the diet. It leans heavy on vegetables/fruits that are natural liver supporting foods.

The best way to help with a fatty liver is with a clean diet and exercise but there are herbal supplements that can help a clean diet do a better job. Adding bitter foods to your diet help your liver do it's job better also.

Doesn't take much research to find out what herbs can help, I take a liver care supplement daily along with drinking certain teas that help promote liver health. I am a bit hesitant to list them since not all things are good for all people.

For example: Licorice root is promoted as liver healthy and it is BUT it is an absolute no-go for someone with high blood pressure and it interacts in bad ways with some medications, as do some of the suggested supplements out there for liver health.  SO...... do the research, don't just go grab so called "liver support sups" and start gulping them down.😉

You know your own health issues/any sort of script meds and you should check them against any herb to look for interactions. Depending on health issues, script meds, you should consider consulting a med professional before adding supplemental herbs. Some things are dependent on how the liver became " fatty liver". Fatty liver due to alcoholism has it's own set of issues that need to be addressed.

While you do the research on helping your liver, research getting your "gut" healthy. The gut and liver work hand -in-hand and and both in good shape means they work together...not just one having to work harder to make up for the one that isn't in good shape. When they work together it helps the weight loss journey tremendously.

And congrats on the weight loss!

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 30Views
  • 3 Following