Changing weight in CM

How often do you change your weight in CM? I weight everyday because I like the feedback. But when I changed my weight on Monday after a week, it lowered my carb level. Which is obviously what I want, but if I enter weight everyday, then I feel like I’d go crazy trying to plan for the day since I wouldn’t have a set target. So my plan is to change weight once a week. Then use another app to keep up with daily changes.

so how often do you log weight?

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Andrew Meyer
    • Software Developer
    • Andrew_Meyer
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am not using the Carb Manager app anymore but when I did I was the same. Once a week or so in Carb Manger. I have a Fitbit Aria scale and have weight myself nearly everyday for the last 2+ years. Just a few gaps for holidays and the odd time I have missed a day.

• Once a week or maybe every four-five days. Otherwise too much fluctuation from one day to the next will discourage me.  But if I weigh weekly, I always have a nice surprise when I see I've lost weight. 

• Pat F
    • Pat_F
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Not sure what you mean by ‘change your weight in CM’, but you don’t need to change it at all.

When you set up your profile, you enter your starting weight and that’s it.  Then, whenever you decide is a good period (daily, every other day, weekly, etc), you go to ‘My Measurements’ tab and enter update weights there.  

When you go to the My Measurements’ tab, you select ‘Weight’ in the upper left and it will give you a graphic depiction of any weight loss.  Way over to the upper right corner, you’ll see a ‘+’ sign.  Click that and it will take you through updating your current weight.  I had trouble finding out how to do it as the ‘+’ isn’t that obvious.  

When you enter an update weight, it will update the graph and, as required, update your macros too.

I hope this helps, and please let us know if you have any other questions.  Good luck and Keto on!

• Qwerty23
    • Qwerty23
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Once a week or so. When I add a weight to my measurements I still have to go in to Settings, Macros to update my macros for my new weight. Interested to know how people are getting their macros to update automatically. Agree daily is not as useful for me as weekly.  I have to adjust my meals each time to meet the lower macros goals but it’s rewarding to see that graph fairly steadily progress downward. 

• Qwerty23
    • Qwerty23
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Qwerty23 Never mind. Found it under Settings, Macros, Smart Macros. It’s a Premium setting. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 200Views
  • 3 Following