Newbie again

Hi, my name is Ann and I successfully did Atkins years ago and lost like crazy.  I seem to be having a tough time losing this time.    I started June 23 but, did not weigh myself until last week-I know, stupid, but I knew I didn't want to see what the number was.  I have no idea if I lost or how much.   I weighed in last Tuesday and by Sat I was down 2 lbs, but ever since, I am only down 1.   I am having issues with constipation.   I can't eat nuts or seeds.

Typical day is water when I get up, take a mile walk,  eat first meal 12-1 usually a couple eggs and 4 strips bacon.  Dinner is  5-7 and is baked chicken, pork chop or grilled steak with a small salad.  another walk in evening, I am busy working in the house and my gardens much of the day, I am 65 with 80 lbs,  to lose.     I take a multi vitamin, D3, and collagen,  What am I doing wrong?  My test strips have me in dark purple every single day.

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Deegie
    • Deegie
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You are doing great. I am 56 and starting keto ..again.. I lost over 150lbs a decade ago and kept it off for years until I hit menopause. By then I had been eating "normally" for years and the weight started to come back. I am up just over 50lbs. Like you, I would lose a lot and get excited and then lose nothing for weeks. I learned the scale doesn't really mean as much as we think it does. We retain water and the scale numbers go up, etc. So some questions... How do you feel? Keto usually after a week or so will make your appetite and cravings go away. Headaches start to ease up... if you had them before. You sleep better. And the weight comes off, sometimes very slowly and sometimes faster. It never is a steady X number of pounds a week. Just keep at it. It works! My type 2 diabetic mother lost so much weight and kept it off so long her doctor told her he was taking the diabetes diagnosis off her chart! Blessings to you.

Like 1
    • Nunyab
    • Nunyab
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I had similar issues due to delayed gastric emptying and food intolerances.   My Gastric Dr. said to sprinkle  a mylanta  Packet into your beverage to assist with gastric slow down .  As needed and increase Fiber like ground flax powder if able or salad, water hydration.  Also go liquid diet for a day or fast .  I also only weigh in once a week or two on days I feel light lol .  I wish you good luck.

• Nunyab
    • Nunyab
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I kept testing with strips too ,but never got past pale pink .unless, I used keto supplement items .  I’m down 12 slow pounds, but I’ve also slipped a few times to low carb/ Mediterranean foods  .I did not gain weight back . I have 20 to start with since March at this rate in 3 -4 months I should reach my initial goal. If I’m lucky lol.

Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 30Views
  • 2 Following