New here but gaining weight :(

started the Keto diet on 4/23/19. Initially I lost 6lbs the first week. And slowly lost about 2lbs a week there after. I did hit a bump in the road and threw myself out of ketosis. I had started eating those Atkins bars and didnt realize or know about maltilol. Once I became aware of this and stopped eating these things I got back into ketosis and lost 2 more lbs… but now its been 2 weeks and have gained 3 lbs but Im still in ketosis. ( I have the urine test strips)
Im staying at 20 net gram carbs a day… but most of my carbs are coming from my morning and afternoon coffee. I have 1 tbs of coffee creamer (5 grams) and about 4 tbs (2.4 grams) of heavy cream in each cup of coffee. So this is the majority of my carbs. Even though this is still under the 20 could this be the reason for my weight gain? The only other things i eat would be baked chicken, hamburger (no bun) with mustard, beef hot dogs with mustard, pork rinds… 1 tbsp of mct oil a day, keto drink mix with no carbs… 100 oz of water… i just dont know what i am doing wrong… do i need to cut out the coffee? I cant drink it black… its too gross…lol I tried stevia instead and I cant stand the taste of it…

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It could be your calories.  Adding more physical activity will increase your calorie deficit.

• Trina
    • Trina.6
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

calories. Having said that, I do sometimes, but then I make sure I get enough the next day. Good luck!

• Trina
    • Trina.6
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Don't know hat happened to first half of my post! I'm wondering if you are getting enough calories. You don't want to make your body think it’s starving or it will hang onto everything. Having said which, I sometimes go under by quite a bit, but then make sure to get enough the next day. Good luck!

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 114Views
  • 3 Following