Hi! Question about calories

How do you eat enough net carbs but not go over your calories? I’m finding it awfully challenging.

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It takes time. Focus on your net carbs for now, eventually you will naturally eat less. That's if your following keto. I have NO idea how difficult it may be following low carb because it never works for me. Always hungry. Hang on there and don't beat yourself up about going over calories at first. For women which I'm not sure if your female or male and depends on weightloss goals stick around max 1700 for now if you can. You didn't provide much info for us to go on- current weight, acitivity level, etc 

Like 1
    • enbrew583
    • enbew583
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn thanks! I haven’t had carbs since 11/22/17. I’m doing keto, or at least trying. I feel like I’m not sure what I’m doing. But this app helps. I’m 219lbs, light activity- I just had a baby 2 months ago. 

• enbrew583  look up “Keto” on utube. I learned a lot from dr. Eric Berg and Dot to trot. 

Like 1
    • enbrew583
    • enbew583
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sherrijperry  thank yoj

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

enbrew583 Read through the posts here in your spare time, soon you will have thoughtful insite. If you have questions, ask them here under the somewhat appropriate header, and someone should be able to help. I do encourage you to watch YouTube videos and research the internet for questions also. In some aspects, there are several opinions on certain issues that are noteworthy to know, then you can decide for yourself what may work and what may not. Knowledge is power. Main thing is, if your actually in a ketogenic state right now since you started nov 22. The ketone urine strips are a good starting point and you can find those typically at a pharmacy section with the diebetic tools. B this time you probably should have felt a type of crud feeling since your body is ridding of the sugar staying 20 net grams or less per day. Some people do not experience this but most do. Those strips are generally inexpensive roughly 6-8 $ for 50'i think. Walmart typically carries them.  If your not turning the stick any sort of color, you must reevaluate your intake for hidden carbs or too much protein. To take this to a higher level, I recommend a precision xtra blood meter and the ketosis strips. Good luck, some or most of this is mind over matter. 

Like 1
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 120Views
  • 3 Following