New to Keto!

Hey everyone! So I’m going to be switching to the keto WOE, what are some tips and tricks that have worked best for you?!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

amandahuffman11 Hello! Do a lot of research on ketogenic. It’s not a way of life to jump right in without doing a lot of research. First time I jumped in years ago, I really didn’t know what I was doing and failed and caved due to the hitting the horrible cravings and just starting the keto flu. I dropped out, gained my 10 pounds and then some back. Have a list of “ not to eat” things. Stick to the net carbs at first. That’s the most important part starting out. Most followers experience a keto flu and the symptoms can range greatly to being mild to horrible. Look at the rainbow at the end of the storm, eye on the “prize” if you experience the flu. If you get past the flu, it all comes naturally, usually. Researching keto flu remedies prior is a must to be prepared. Read the posts here on your spare time, and also research keto doctors, keto connect, Leanne Vogel. She’s intuitive to women’s needs for healthy ketogenic. 

• ajoe
    • ajoe
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

When I first started, I struggled a lot with not knowing if I was actually getting into ketosis or not. For me, and as many experts will tell you, the urine test strips were useless.

So my best suggestion is to get a blood ketone & glucose monitor like the Precision Xtra. Then you know exactly what is going on.

I assume you are using Carb Manager for your macros and diet information. There are a ton of macro calculators on the Internet, but I have found the one in Carb Manager to be among the best. Take some time to make sure your CM Profile is set up correctly for your macro values, then plan your diet to fit.

Good luck. It's a journey, not a destination.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 105Views
  • 3 Following