Headed to the movies... help

I’m in my first week and the cravings are still rough.  What can I eat while everyone else is munching on popcorn? 

First day CM member!

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome! Roasted salted almonds--in moderation--is what I did.   My husband likes pork rinds.

• CHDevil
    • Advocating against keto-myths.
    • CHDevil
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dry beef jerky ? Nothing ? Nuts ? Low carb protein bars ?

The thing is, if it's your first week... you ought to just notice or get results. Munching on popcorn will most likely do so much harm, that you'll only be as deep in ketosis as you are now in another 5 to 7 days. It's basically starting from scratch.

The very idea of having a snack is going against you - I wen't OMAD because I wasn't feeling like eating. You shouldn't be having any cravings at all. Up your butter, cheese and fats in general in this first few weeks till cravings go away. Go down from there...

Good luck.

• CHDevil
    • Advocating against keto-myths.
    • CHDevil
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    CHDevil said:
    The very idea of having a snack is going against you

It most likely won't satiate you - in other words: leave you hungry even if you weren't before. Therefor you might end up craving and going for some desert.

Really not a good idea to grab stuff here and there. 2-3 or even 1 meal a day is the way people ought to do this. Not 4 plus a snack or 2.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There's no problem snacking in the movie as long as you still keep within your macros--you just have to work it out in advance and decide what to bring.  Count out your portion of almonds or jerky or whatever and only bring that with you.

I also brought a protein bar in case I wanted something sweet (to replace the candy) with the salty almonds. 

It's not unusual to have cravings--especially when you're just getting started and you can smell the buttery goodness & candy from the seat next to you.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 70Views
  • 3 Following