Diet coke

Does anybody drink Diet Coke on this diet?

16replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • BethH
    • BethH
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have.  I’m not a big soda drinker, but sometimes want something sweet.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I use diet ginger ale when I need a drink mixer, but not very often.  I have seen some brands (like Zevia) that use alternative sweeteners that I will try when I run out of what I already purchased.

Here's another thread from a while back: https://forums.carbmanager.com/t/h423gz

Like 1
  • Last year I bought a SodaStream their flavors are created with Stevia , no aspartame .

Like 2
  • Correction Splenda not stevia

• CarolM
    • CarolM
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yeah, I love my diet coke. At least one can a day. Just hits the spot. I have tried to like seltzer but yuck.

• Seltzer was not my cup of tea either.  If you don't react to aspartame I don't know why it would hurt you . Some people to have a craving for sugar but I never did.  I went to Soda Stream because plastics are not being recycled a lot. 

• CarolM
    • CarolM
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, I am wondering how you like the Soda Stream and is there anything that replaces Diet Coke well? Thanks I appreciate your feedback

Like 1
  • I like it a lot , my flavor was diet Dr. Pepper.  It took some adjusting the flavor but now I prefer it over the bottled version. Recently I bought my last Mountain Dew because it did not taste that great.  If you have a Bed Bath and Beyond  near you that have a great return policy if you decide it is not for you. 

Like 1
    • Jules
    • julesalinas66ecc
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I do once in a while. I have a Soda Stream and love it, Just do it unflavored because the flavored diet ones spiked my blood glucose. I like the berry la croix too, but they are pricey for as much as I drink

Like 1
  • I use Diet Dr. Pete 

• Sly8913
    • Sly8913
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don't drink any diet soda. Even before Keto. That stuff is pure poison.  

Like 2
    • LadyDKT
    • LadyDKT
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

On occasion

Like 1
  • Sly8913  There are only so many things I can give up in life. Diet Dr Pete is a keeper with Splenda :)

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

As far as I know, keto has nothing for or against diet soft drinks. There are a lot of people who are opposed to them because of the artificial sweeteners, and there are a lot of people who aren't too worried about the artificial sweeteners. There are some people who believed that you should not have any kind of sweeteners on keto. I haven't seen any rational reason for this other than the idea that it will cause you to crave actual sugar. I prefer to keep the pop psychology out of my nutritional advice, so I just ignore that.I haven't had soda very often since I started keto, but it's because I've been focusing on drinking electrolyte infused drinks like propel, Powerade zero, and Cascade ice. When I want a soda I have one. Usually at the movie theater.

Like 2
    • Lauren619
    • Lauren619
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I drink Coke Zero or Cherry Coke Zero and it helps satisfy my cravings for pop but I don’t drink it every day. Maybe 2-3 times a weeks but that would be the max. Enjoy it but do so in moderation 👍🏻

• So I’ve been reading that you should stay away from aspartame. Some Diet Coke is made with Splenda but you have to really look to make sure. I was surprised to find out that I really haven’t had any cravings for sweet like I did before starting Keto. If I do want something sweet, I’ve found that one of the more dessert-like fat bombs hit the spot. 

Like Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 16Replies
  • 277Views
  • 11 Following