Plateaued out

So when I first started Keto everything went great, lost 10lbs in 2 weeks, now I’m 2 months into it and haven’t lost a lb since. I haven’t changed anything else about my diet and haven’t put on any weight but for some reason I’m not losing any more. Keeping my calories under 1300 and fat grams around 65/70% of my total daily count.  Not sure what the problem is? Any thoughts?

14replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I weigh everything and try to get my fat intake around 90%. How is your carb intake? Are you weighing everything? Are you walking or some other form of physical activity? Don't cave in to the cravings :)

• JayJay
    • dc7d9a84d8a34ad28d4e
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

debra06201374ad how do you keep it at 90%? I’m not sure exactly how to eat and keep it that high unless it was just bacon, mayonnaise and olive oil? 

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Fat bombs--google for easy recipes. :)

What do the numbers in the app say for your macros at your current weight and activity level? Are you coming close to keeping in line with the fat and protein and staying below the carb limit?  Are you building muscle? 

Take measurements and see if those are changing--often happens when weight stays the same, the body is building muscle tissue which is more dense than fat.

• JayJay
    • dc7d9a84d8a34ad28d4e
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

goplay yes so I am working out with weights. Yes I’m keeping close to the macros, I go over carbs about once a week or every 10 days, but also not extreme. 

Like 1
    • JayJay
    • dc7d9a84d8a34ad28d4e
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

JayJay and yes I will check out fat bombs now, thank you

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You're welcome--I'm going to bet you are gaining muscle then.  Have you been able to lift more (either by weight or length of time) or find you're not as tired after the same work out you used to do?

I cheat about once a week and that doesn't seem to hurt me.  Upping the fat was the key to my losing the first time around.

• JayJay If I find my fat down by mid afternoon I will make a couple of Ribs with sugar free bar b que, and I keep a cheesecake baked.  As @goplay,  posted a lot of folks keep fat bombs handy but I prefer baked goods.   Another great thing I learned on here is enter my food for the day (if possible) and know by 5:30 PM if I need to cut or increase a macro.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

To mix things up, I've been fattening up with some homemade sugar-free cheesecake and keto brownies myself this past week.  (Fat bombs are easier for folks who don't like baking.) 

Let me know when the ribs are up, sounds awesome--I'll be right over!

Like 1
  • goplay I can give you a link to use the blender to make a cheesecake makes it so much more fun :).  All I could have last night was 2 oz CC and 1 oz of blueberries best thing I had all day :).

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks--I'd love to see it.  I did recently get a new blender (which I haven't used for much) and a hand mixer (which I've been using to make fat bombs and the first few cheesecakes). 

I used the food processor to blend the cheesecake ingredients this last time, experimenting... I think next time I'll try adding the eggs manually as the most recent cake came out good, but a little too dense (but very creamy).  If I could do it in the blender, I wouldn't fill half the dishwasher with food processor parts.

Now that I bought a springform pan (and am not using a pie plate to bake the cheesecakes...) the cheesecake came out a bit better, still needed to rise a little though.  

• goplay It is pending review. If you search Breville  blender cheese cake you should find the recipe. It an Australian page so don't be surprised :). You can make a cheesecake smooth , creamy and delicious in no time :)

• JayJay I was short 31.6 grams of fat today and just right on protein. Friday I had my food just right with all the numbers great.  I copied that meal for tomorrow. 

• KC
    • seashell_station
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Did you just start lifting weights? If so, your muscles will fill with water to repair...hence the scale not moving... possibly for a couple of weeks while they are agitated.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 14Replies
  • 193Views
  • 4 Following