Frustrated

I have been on the keto diet for 2 weeks and have only lost 3.4 lbs. The 3rd week I added intermittent fasting so we will see if that helps. How do you guys get your fats in? Maybe I’m not getting enough fats in. I just started adding Mct oil to my coffee in the am so that’s new for me. I don’t have that much to lose, 15 lbs. Any suggestions for quicker weight loss? I am drinking plenty of water btw. Thanks!!

17replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Welcome Chicken with skin on , pork if you are short on fat and protein.  It takes about 3 weeks to get it balanced then it is easier :)  

Like 1
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Keto is a major change for most of us.  Planning and entering food in app before eating are how I learned to get the right percentages of fat, protein and carbs in.  Congratulations on your weight loss 🎈 .  Losing 1.5 pounds a week is good, especially since you have so little to lose. 

Like 2
    • Vickie
    • Vickie.7
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I only need to lose 10 more pounds. It took me two months to lose the first 10. It’s slow when you don’t have that much to lose.  Don’t give up. 

Like 3
  • debra06201374ad 

Like 1
  • Stephanie Woodward  Thank you very much I need all the help I can get

Like 1
  • Gina  Thank you very much need all the help I  can get

Like 2
  • stay with it and keep going you will make it  have a nice day

Like 1
  • Stephanie Woodward what post

• Gina thank you very much 

• Mijpa
    • Mijpa
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Everything i have read state, do not fast while only on keto diet for 3 weeks. we shouldn't start fasting until after 8 weeks, because were teaching our bodies to burn fat instead of carbs so this is a vital time to cram the fats in.

• MTL
    • MTL
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Vickie I'm in the same boat only need to lose 15/ 20 lbs, starting week 5 and only down 5 pounds. This is getting a bit frustrating 1 pound a week especially since I work out seems a bit slow. I'll stick with it but wish I could see some better results

• encho
    • encho
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

As mentioned above, it gets slower if you don’t have too much to lose. Plus you might be gaining muscle so measuring tape is better indicator of your success.

• MTL
    • MTL
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

encho thank you I know your right, but sometimes we all wish there was a magic wand 😉

Like 1
    • Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Remember that .5-2 lbs per week is the healthy weight loss. If you don’t have water weight to lose, then you won’t get the big initial weight drop that some people do on keto. 

Like 1
    • Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Bgump502 Exactly.  If people look in the Settings under the Macros tab, there is an estimate of weight loss per month based on their starting weight and calorie deficit.  Mine was somewhere between 1-2 lbs /week.  Closer to 1 iirc.

Like 1
    • Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’ll give you an example from my adventure so far,  I’m currently on week #8 and have lost 30.6 lbs. I dropped 12 lbs within the first 2 weeks. Awesome right?  Well after Week 5, I broke and had a milkshake. I gained 5-7 lbs (depending on what time I weighed myself) overnight. 

Now did I really gain 5-7 lbs of fat over night? No. It’s all water weight and came off after 3 days of strict keto again. 

Now also mind you I’m a big guy, 6’1” and started at 372 current at 341.  So if you take my 30 lb weight loss and assume I can hold 12 lbs of water weight, then my 20 lbs of fat loss is pretty much right on track with 2 lbs per week (8 weeks x 2 lbs of week Is 16 lbs). 

But again, I’m a big dude so my initial drops are going to be more than someone that doesn’t have much to lose.  Hope this kinda helps. 

Like 2
    • Mijpa
    • Mijpa
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

After 9 weeks down 25 and 4.5” of waiste great

last 3 weekends I forgot all about keto so today looks like I am starting all over this time with gym.

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 17Replies
  • 427Views
  • 11 Following