Help needed

hi

I am on day 3 of doing Keto and seem to be finding the amount of food I can have very hard - I am only allowed 16 g net carbs and it seems that everything I have apart from meat ie veg wise is  1 g net carbs minimum and if I want about 60 g of swede for example that is 3 g net carbs gone , and I am always  over in protein , and under in fats and use exactly the min carbs

For today I had the following 

2 egg med omellete with cheese and 1 small mushroom cooked in 5 g butter

100 g of cauliflower rice with 60 g of cooked chicken , 1.5 tablespoon of cream, 1 oz parmesan cheese

roast beef 100 g with swede 60g and broccoli 40g

fat bomb dessert thing which is cream and cocco powder and natvia sweetner

Whole day 1065 calories and so under my 1257 which is why I am hungry but  the issue/ problem  is that if I add any food item to the above I am then over in carbs which you are not allowed to go over so  totally lost ……?

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • RavenTru
    • RavenTru
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don’t know what Swede is- but u should eat something pure fat- coconut oil or MCT oil, maybe? Rendered fat- the more fat the less hungry- also if you’ve had carbs recently - like I had popcorn yesterday- you’re just gonna be hungry while your liver glycogen cleans out- bummer but true

Like 2
    • Lilly343
    • Lilly343
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Having the same issue. Adding veggies like cabbage or cucumber takes away half of my daily carb intake. Im a bit confused about this. 

Like 1
  • Add more butter and go into settings to increase your macros. 

Like 2
  • Lilly343 Try a day without vegetables and add more fat such as butter to those vegetables. 

Like 1
  • I tried keto before and gave up because, like you, I didn’t understand how to hit those macros.  I’m trying again, and it seems to be coming together a little better this time.

I looked up what a swede is.  I know it as a rutabaga.  From what I saw, it’s  pretty high in carbs, and probably not a best choice for keto.   I understand that almost all root vegetables are not keto friendly.

Could you add some avocado to your breakfast, and maybe a bulletproof coffee?  Use healthy fats to prepare your meats, put butter or oil on your vegetables.  It feels strange to always be looking for a way to add fat after a lifetime of avoiding it, but that’s what we’ve got to do!🙂

Like 3
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 101Views
  • 5 Following