Want to be a big looser.

My name is leslie and How funny does that title sound.  When I’m my life would I ever want to have that.   Well I do right now.   Starting Keto tomorrow and looking for any advise and tips from my fellow Keto members.  I have decided my new hobby instead of eating is to take up reading and responding to these threads instead of eating mindlessly.  Good luck to all of you on this journey.   

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Welcome The best advise I received is enter your food in ahead of time.  There will be rough days but remember your new hobby (I am stealing that ) .   

Like 1
  • Kudos to you for taking that first step to strengthen your overall wellbeing! I have been on keto for about 1 1/2 weeks now and have lost 7 pounds. It is an amazing feeling to not miss the fun foods, because you’ve found a better way to cook/consume them.  That being said: here are my two pieces of advice for just getting started: 1) Be patient with yourself if you are used to being active. I cycle and am a martial artist, but I had to just make sure to get a lot of rest and skip some workouts my first week. Your body is recalibrating itself and needs you to just sit down during this time. Slow workouts like yoga will keep your joints oiled without overdoing it with vigorous aerobic exercise.  2) Use the “note” section of your daily log in this app. I use it to jot down days I feel mentally empowered or fatigued. It helps to analyze later when you can see where your ketone measurements were, food/water intake, etc.  Good luck and congrats!

Like 1
Like5 Follow
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 15Views
  • 4 Following