No more hiding....

I'm here to be honest, get some support (and a kick up the bum if I need it lol) and to help others in any way I can.

My name is Sarah and I suffer with fibromyalgia and all the joys that go with that. In cutting my carbs way down and being LCHF has made a huge difference and I'm going to go the next step and be officially keto.  

I've experimented with keto meals and just love them, so don't see that as being a problem, but people rave about Carb Manager so I'm hoping that by fronting up here you will all be able to help me stay on track.

Looking forward to the journey and meeting some of you lovely people!

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome Sarah 🍍. 

• Welcome 👍   When I started again in April I went CM premium as a commitment to myself.  So far so good 😄

• Moonmist
    • Moonmist
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thank you so much ladies! I'm really nervous about this but am terribly encouraged by other peoples success at the same time.

So here I am sitting here doing some work first, but all kitted out and ready to get back on the treadmill - literally! I set it all up last night so there would be no excuse. Even charged up my fitbit to keep track of my steps and keep me motivated all day.

Anyway, thank you for the warm welcome and I look forward to seeing you round :-) 

Like 1
  • Hi Sarah and this is just what i needed to see someone who has fibromyalgia and is still trying to move - i have plantar fasciitis so this proving very difficult at the moment but i am encouraged to know this low carb might help this  extra weight gained

thank you

(am new to this)

Like 2
    • Vickie
    • Vickie.7
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome aboard. I love this app (Premium is worth it) You get lots of great info. 

• Moonmist
    • Moonmist
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

AnnaCoffeeWalking 

*waves* hi yourself! 

It's definately encouraging to see others who are in a similiar situation but also trying...I refuse to give up!

I know since going LCHF that my pain has dropped dramatically, the inflammation is certainly less and the fog has lifted somewhat.

Flares....oh my, the flares.

I've just (last week) come out of a flare up that lasted for about 10 days.....but it was the only flare in about 2 months so that is definately an improvement and just the sort of motivation (read kick up the butt) that I need to get serious about things.

I really struggled through this flare and NEVER want it again, so am hoping this keto WOE and CM will help me stay focused and on target.

Look forward to sharing the journey with you!

Like 1
    • Moonmist
    • Moonmist
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Vickie  *waves* hi Vickie - I'm super excited about all this!

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 35Views
  • 5 Following